Potential conformation of 4.2.2 coming to S3 "soon"

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If any of you are using Swiftkey you may know that there is a nice little bug that, upon reboot, the default keyboard reverts back to the Samsung keyboard. I've been following a support ticket at Swiftkey and this was posted last night: Reverts to default keyboard at reboot / restart

In summary "We have contacted Samsung regarding this problem ? they acknowledged the issue and have checked that it does not occur in their latest update. They intend to roll out Android 4.2.2 to Galaxy S3 users in the near future (unfortunately we don?t have an exact date), at which point the problem should be fixed."

So hopefully we will at the very least have a ROM we can load if the carriers decide to screw us over ;)

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If there's any meat in this stew, I'm all for it.. Although, I do not experience the keyboard reverting back to stock upon reboot.. Loving Swiftkey Flow, those guys are doing a helluva job!

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem after 4.1.2 update but it went away after few reboots. I don't know why, but I am happy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress