How to get rid of ads?

joyfulmom2

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden on my S3 I have this ad bar at the bottom of my phone..........When I click on remove ads its says its a plugin and to remove it I have to buy it or free with GetJar Gold. Anyone else experience this? I have never had this problem and haven't downloaded anything from the play store either. Any tips on this?

Thanks

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot? If all else fails a factory reset will surely fix it. Otherwise I believe there's apps in the play store that can detect which app is causing the ad.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden on my S3 I have this ad bar at the bottom of my phone..........When I click on remove ads its says its a plugin and to remove it I have to buy it or free with GetJar Gold. Anyone else experience this? I have never had this problem and haven't downloaded anything from the play store either. Any tips on this?

Thanks

Are you using any third party launchers or lockscreen apps?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Xda

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2 stable

Xda isnt really an answer. He is most likely using an app that requires you to gain points buy buying them or downloading other apps to unlock the main app you wanted. This happens with apps like Go lockscreen. The app is free to download and try but if you want to use the app ad free you need to jump through hoops

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
a few apps do this

either do what getjar requires, or purchase it, or just uninstall it

ive only done it a few times, until i found that in some cases, you can potentially lose access to it, i forgot how tho, maybe it was in the process of rooting my phone or uninstalling, then reinstaling the app

anyways, either purchase it, or download the apps get jar says to download, then you get the points, and then are allowed to purchase the app or theme you wanted

or just forget it all together

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
a few apps do this

either do what getjar requires, or purchase it, or just uninstall it

ive only done it a few times, until i found that in some cases, you can potentially lose access to it, i forgot how tho, maybe it was in the process of rooting my phone or uninstalling, then reinstaling the app

anyways, either purchase it, or download the apps get jar says to download, then you get the points, and then are allowed to purchase the app or theme you wanted

or just forget it all together

^^This ... better answer Thanks :)

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
lol, yea, sorry about before, didnt actually fully read the op, just read the part about the ad on the bottom of the screen, and knew that ad blocking apps are only available through xda since google play went down and suggested that

elblondee

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sunday after doing a Factory Reset mine started with these strange ads. I've had my phone about 4 months never have I seen these ads before and would love to get rid of them.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
These things don't just magically appear - you must've installed an app that includes this functionality. You can try:
AirPush Detector: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.brosmike.airpushdetector&token=V_0VX-G2
Or
Addons Detector: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.denper.addonsdetector&token=ZpB3jMDf
or any similar app to try to identify the offending app.

If these ads are showing up in the Notification bar you can long-press on the notification and you'll get an "App info" popup, which you can select to find out which app is generating the notification.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Gedey

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I found it for iOS:
[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/adblock-for-ios-must-have/id537774578?l=en&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/adblock-for-ios-must-have/id537774578?l=en&mt=8[/URL]
But I didn't gave it any try. No iOS (so lucky) at home.

raziel13

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Use Adblock Plus. It removes all adds even in free app and on your browser.
https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install
Don't know if it's available on IOS.

Do NOT use AdBlock Plus, it has a bug where it uses an insane amount of background data. I had it for maybe 3-4 days and it used almost 700mb. Some users reported 3+ GB in under a week. I recommended downloading F-Droid (www.f-droid.org) and getting AdAway.

Gedey

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I imagine it's going to be fixed if what you say is true.
But for the moment on Android 4.3, no problem detected for me. But I use the Firefox plugin, not the application.