dropbox/ photo album problems

Roxana Spiridon

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone!
I am definitely not tech savvy at all and i need some help. I have a dropbox application on my phone so every time i add a picture to a text message or fb or anything my phone would ask if i want the pictures to "ALWAYS" be added from dropbox or photo album....or just that one time....and Ive been avoiding pressing "AWLAYS" and today i accidentally pressed always when i tried to add an image from my dropbox to my text message. and now im stuck with that and i don't know how to go back. i know this might sound confusing. but maybe hopefully someone who has a dropbox might know.so for instance if im texting someone and i try to add an image it takes me to my dropbox...doesn't even give me an option to go to photo album because i pressed "always". how do i change it? does anyone know?
Thank you!
-Roxana

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, let me welcome you to the wonderful world of Android Central! You have definitely come to the right place to ask questions, and there will always be someone here with the know-how you may need.. Now, to answer your question.. Go into your Settings menu, scroll down to Application Manager, click that.. Once in, scroll over to the right two pages, and this section is called All, obviously this shows you all of the apps on your phone.. Scroll down this list until you find Dropbox, click on that.. Once in here, you should be able to scroll down just a little, and there is a button that says Clear Defaults. Hit this button, and it should clear up the issue you are having!

Sherry White

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am having he opposite problem than the girl who could ONLY attach pictures from her drop box. At some point I changed a setting and now my text will not give me the option to attach a picture from my drop box. I went to the drop box application to find the 'clear defaults' button, but it is greyed out and does not give me the option to choose it. What can i do to re-establish the connection so that i can attached pics to my text messages from my drop box?? Please help! Thank you. Sherry

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sherry,
You have to go to the application that you DID assign using the "Always" button, and "Clear defaults" in that app. If you can't remember which app it was, when you're in Application Manager press the Menu button and select "Reset app preferences" - note that this will reset ALL of the defaults that you've set up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Sherry White

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you GSDer, I tried to go back and remember which application I DID assign to, as I remembered it was only 2, I 'cleared defaults' and it didnt work. So I wen tin and "reset app preferences" but that didnt work either. I can see the icons options for Images, Capture Video, Record Audio, Take picture, Video, Audio, S Memo, Calendar Location & Contacts.... but no drop box. Is there something else I may be able to try?

Sherry White

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes Auntie, you are correct. When I go to Gmail it does give me the option to - choose type of attachment - then offers 2 options... Dropbox <or> Gallery. That is exactly how it used to appear in my text message. Not sure what I did to change it, didn't agree to any app changes. Thanks for your insight :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It appears that it behaves bass-ackwards - if you first go into your Dropbox, find the file that you want to share, long-press on it and select Share, you're then given the option of what you want to share it with. One of the options is the Messaging app.
te6avy8y.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Sherry White

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Awesome thanks GSder. The option you mentioned will share a 'link' but not the actual image within the body of the text message.
I have discovered that there nothing wrong with the app at all, it was there all the time...
When in a text message, if you push the 'paperclip' you get a menu. 'Dropbox' is not an option, but 'gallery' is. If you select 'galary', another window opens and asks if you wish to use 'dropbox' or 'gallery'..... crazy, but path!
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP, YOU ARE A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE AND HOPE I CAN SHARE WHAT I HAVE LEARNED WITH SOMEONE ELSE. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
crazy, but path!
I guess I'm too old, or need to get hip with the younger generation, or need to hang out on Facebook or Twitter or something - I don't understand half of what people write anymore. :what:
Thanks for sharing your solution...

Sharon Jewel

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Awesome thanks GSder. The option you mentioned will share a 'link' but not the actual image within the body of the text message.
I have discovered that there nothing wrong with the app at all, it was there all the time...
When in a text message, if you push the 'paperclip' you get a menu. 'Dropbox' is not an option, but 'gallery' is. If you select 'galary', another window opens and asks if you wish to use 'dropbox' or 'gallery'..... crazy, but path!
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP, YOU ARE A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE AND HOPE I CAN SHARE WHAT I HAVE LEARNED WITH SOMEONE ELSE. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I was having the same exact problem as Sherry...identical scenario, and I was with her all the way, up until her solution. That did not work for me. When I chose Gallery, it did not then give me an option to switch to Dropbox. I feel like there used to be a Dropbox option in my text message attachment choices, but it is no longer there. When I try to attach from dropbox, it will only send a file; not an actual image. Everything works fine from email, but from text I cannot attach a pic from my dropbox. I have tried everything and have gone into every possible setting in messages and dropbox. Any other clues for me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non