How to change the vibration pattern on the galaxy s3

TomatoPotato

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else think the notification vibration on the galaxy s3 is unnecessarily long? I get annoyed whenever I receive a text message because the duration of the vibration is just irksome. Is there anyway to change the vibration pattern? I went into the settings and changed the device vibration to heartbeat, but the vibration is still the default setting. And I'm not talking about vibration intensity; just the duration and pattern of the notification vibration.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think the notification vibration on the galaxy s3 is unnecessarily long? I get annoyed whenever I receive a text message because the duration of the vibration is just irksome. Is there anyway to change the vibration pattern? I went into the settings and changed the device vibration to heartbeat, but the vibration is still the default setting. And I'm not talking about vibration intensity; just the duration and pattern of the notification vibration.

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to the forums!
When you made the change, did the selection stay on your choice, or did it revert back to the original?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Many applications have their own settings to control notifications, and ignore what you change in settings. Check the settings for individual apps and see if you can change it there.

vandammeitall

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem! I believe he is talking about the stock messaging system that comes with the S 3. I got mine last week and am having the same problem. You can change the vibration pattern under system settings, but that only changes the vibration pattern for incoming calls. Under settings in the stock messanging system there is nowhere to change the pattern. I find it annoying cause for me personally I always miss the vibration. I'm guessing the only way around this is by downloading a 3rd party messaging app (like handcent). Unless anyone else out there knows a way to change this??

Brent