thoughts on an upgrade....

chasenfreedom

May 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I upgrade Feb. sometime. I want the Note 3, but I've been reading here & there about the moto X. So now I'm on the fence. But not only that I'm thinking if I wait I could possibly catch the S5 (which I have a 3 now) OR if I really just suffer, be the 1st with the note 4...here's a quick list of what I mostly do:
Social media-ing
Gaming
Music
Videos
Downloading & uninstalling
Tinkering with ROM's
Talking/texting
Here's the thing about the battery issue, I have 3. Either in plugged in or swapping. I don't really pay attention to the amount of times I swap a battery on those days I'm not plugged in. But after reading everybody else's complaints I feel like I should. So any thoughts, suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You didn't mention which carrier you're with or whether you'd be willing to switch carriers when your current contract is up.

Four months is a long time - any number of cool, better, faster (etc) phones could come out by then.

Since you like tinkering, the (soon to be officially announced) new Nexus (5?) would be a great phone to look at - pure vanilla Android, unlocked, camera with OIS, smoking CPU, etc.

If you're looking for great battery life, the updated DROID Maxx (the one with the same features as the Moto X, but with a huge battery) is an obvious choice if you're on Verizon.

Otherwise you can always look for a ZeroLemon solution for whatever phone you get (if it has a removable battery). Or just go with an external battery pack in your desk drawer.

I like what I've read about the Moto X, the LG G2, the Xperia Z1 and the unreleased Nexus (the Note 3 was just too big for my personal taste) but I haven't gotten any hands-on time with them - my contract isn't up for another eight months so there was no point in teasing myself.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The Note devices have great battery life, too. The Moto-X has good battery life for a relatively small phone, but nothing like the Note, and you can't replace the battery with a larger capacity one.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I personally will probably be in that boat waiting for the note 4 or iPhone 6

I want the note 3 right now, but I'd rather wait till the note 4 for a design change

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

chasenfreedom

May 3, 2012
Visit site
You didn't mention which carrier you're with or whether you'd be willing to switch carriers when your current contract is up.

Four months is a long time - any number of cool, better, faster (etc) phones could come out by then.

Since you like tinkering, the (soon to be officially announced) new Nexus (5?) would be a great phone to look at - pure vanilla Android, unlocked, camera with OIS, smoking CPU, etc.

If you're looking for great battery life, the updated DROID Maxx (the one with the same features as the Moto X, but with a huge battery) is an obvious choice if you're on Verizon.

Otherwise you can always look for a ZeroLemon solution for whatever phone you get (if it has a removable battery). Or just go with an external battery pack in your desk drawer.

I like what I've read about the Moto X, the LG G2, the Xperia Z1 and the unreleased Nexus (the Note 3 was just too big for my personal taste) but I haven't gotten any hands-on time with them - my contract isn't up for another eight months so there was no point in teasing myself.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

My bad I'm on Verizon... Can't really change carriers. Share a plan with the wife & to her, "Verizon is the best around & I don't need to be doing all this extra stuff that don't come with the phone. That's why your (my) rezound phone that you paid umpteen something hundred dollars for & now it takes you a thousand clicks to get your camera to snap a photo. All because you wanted to wear your glasses & a geek squad shirt & thought you was Google itself."
See I like what I've been seeing about the Moto X also...especially about the music. Supposedly the best out.
The size of the note is what makes me wanna go that way. My wife has a 2. I like the S Pen feature. I had a Treo 600 like 07 08. I am anxious to see next years phones though, & if the specs are eye popping for the S5 I might try & push myself to wait on the Note 4.....Thanks for the feedback.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My bad I'm on Verizon... Can't really change carriers. Share a plan with the wife & to her, "Verizon is the best around & I don't need to be doing all this extra stuff that don't come with the phone. That's why your (my) rezound phone that you paid umpteen something hundred dollars for & now it takes you a thousand clicks to get your camera to snap a photo. All because you wanted to wear your glasses & a geek squad shirt & thought you was Google itself."
See I like what I've been seeing about the Moto X also...especially about the music. Supposedly the best out.
The size of the note is what makes me wanna go that way. My wife has a 2. I like the S Pen feature. I had a Treo 600 like 07 08. I am anxious to see next years phones though, & if the specs are eye popping for the S5 I might try & push myself to wait on the Note 4.....Thanks for the feedback.

I really want the s pen as well, not because of the touch wiz feature of it, but just because it's nice to use, and makes things swype a breeze

My perfect phone right now would be a 5.2-5.4 inch display, with a good design, removable back, stylus, 3gb ram 32 gb storage, and a Nexus device

But that won't happen, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2