wifi will not connect auto at home

Julie Campbell

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
help before my husband stomps on his phone!!! my wifi on my phone will connect auto and my husbands will not. same phones, we got them at the same time. we have talked to att several times they say they will look into the prob with a tech and call us back in 48 hrs. He is not happy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have him look at all of the various wifi networks that the phone has remembered, and delete or forget any that he never or hardly uses. Then forget the home wifi network, and then reconnect, entering the password again. See if that prompts the phone to remember the home connection as the primary one.

Another thing to look for is whether or not you have the ability to move certain wifi networks up in the priority list. I can do this on my Razr Maxx by going to the Wifi settings, hitting the Menu button, and selecting Manage Networks.

tjlepore

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same issue. I have deleted the cache per this post, with no improvement. Kit Kat made it worse, as it now loses connectivity to the WiFi AND the cell network. The cell network disconnection is random and you won't know you've lost connectivity until you look at the phone and try to pull in something new. A quick Airplane Mode toggle fixes it every time, so it would seem like the process is getting hung. I've attempted to report this to Motorola directly, but support just wants you to reset to factory settings, which is not acceptable. Verizon tried a little harder, but it's out of their control. ?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty