My s3 will no longer keep charge

dwo87

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I've had a similar problem to this before where my phone wouldn't charge while being turned on, sent phone back into Samsung and got water damage repaired, it is now a couple of months later and now my phone will not charge at all.
It was charging fine this morning.
Changed battery and charger and also reset phone back to factory settings, can anybody give me any advice or help on what I should do now?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You've tried a different charger AND different cable?
If you turn the phone completely off and connect it to the charger does it show the battery graphic and charge normally?
It's possible that the micro-USB port is messed up, in which case there are two viable options:
- get a wireless charging solution and bypass the port altogether
- get the micro-USB port replaced

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

dwo87

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've changed both charger and cable and the micro USB adapter port was changed 2 months ago when I got it repaired yet still this problem

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You failed to mention if the phone will charge when it's completely off. There are quite a few posts about the phone not charging properly when it's turned on, but charging normally when it's off, which leads me to believe that the hardware is ok (micro-USB port, charging circuit) but that there's some weird firmware bug preventing the phone from charging.

If your phone charges normally when it's off, that's at least a workaround.

If it doesn't charge at all then it's time to get an external battery charger and swap batteries, or get it repaired.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4