My Galaxy S3 apps keep crashing and the battery doesn't charge, can anyone help?

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S3 apps keeps crashing. Battery doesn't charge..

My girlfriend has Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (eMMC chip is NOT insane, checked it already). I just inspected it and the phone can't open some apps (like tetris, Google Chrome and etc..). Today the phone was left to charge for hour and a half, but as we left it at 52% after that time it still was 52%... (the system indicated that the battery was being charged)...
Any would have idea of what it could be, that caused the problem or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 apps keeps crashing. Battery doesn't charge..

Welcome to Android Central! The first things I would try would be a cache partition wipe (your suggested guide) and a new battery.

The battery not charging occured only once, now it works fine. I guess...
I tried your suggested guide, but it didn't help :? Any other thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage​), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt SD can cause issues.

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

When I clear cache and do the reboot, just before the screen turns off, I see that I says Error. For just a second or so.. It's same both ways (with SD mounted and when I unmounted it).
The problem remains even with SD card unmounted (some apps just crash when played)...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm never sure what to do when an error appears when trying to wipe the cache. The next step might be a full factory reset.

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

But will a full factory reset help, or is it just a shot that I should try? Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

But will a full factory reset help, or is it just a shot that I should try?
Well, the usual intermediate step (booting into Safe mode) won't do you any good because you can't run 3rd party applications in Safe mode.

So your best bet is to perform a Factory Reset and don't reload all of your apps (be sure you turn that off in the Google Play Store) - just use it virgin for awhile and see how it behaves. If everything is normal then install a few apps at a time, being sure to restart the device after a group. Use it for awhile before adding the next set of apps. Hopefully if a particular application is causing your issue you'll be able to isolate it in this fashion.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn