Why does my Galaxy S3 only charge from USB not wall charger?

QAZ POL

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S3 Charges only from USB not wall charger.

My Galaxy S3 only charges from a USB, computer, etc. Also, when I do plug it in to a computer or whatever, I have to move the cord in a VERY specific place to get it to barely charge and it even dies in the middle of charging or it may just randomly stop charging so I can't trust it to charge over night.

This just recently happened. The phone is out of warranty so I can't take it back without paying loads of money.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:
- New cords (yes millions of different ones, all the same outcome.)
- Different Powerbricks (Ipad brick, LG Brick, Sanyo Zio brick, None work)
-Factory Reset (Multiple times)
-Flashed Stock Rom (yes)

I just don't know what to do except for throw this thing out the window.

Yes, I am rooted. I also, lost the original power brick, just the power brick, not the cord.

If you have any suggestions PLEASE HELP!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Charges only from USB not wall charger.

Welcome to the forums!

Your best bet would be to get a wireless charging solution, which bypasses the defective micro-USB port.

Next on the list would be to get an additional battery and external battery charger and just swap fully-charged batteries in whenever you need to. Ex. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4161181

Last would be getting the micro-USB port replaced (although this may be more important to you if you plan to flash firmware or connect to a computer directly).

Last edited: