Why won't my Samsung S3 stay on when the charger is disconnected?

Jonathan Fell

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung s3 won't stay on when charger is disconnected

I have a Samsung s3 (the big one not the mini) the other day my brother tried to charge the phone with a Nokia charger wires to the positive and negative points on the battery while plugged into the phone an now I can only boot the phone up through download mode (holding volume the home button and power button then selecting restart phone) but when it turns on the battery Charge light comes on but the battery won't charge before anyone says I do realise this was stupid and retarded but wat I want to know is will a full restore or anything else work or is it ready for the phone grave yard I need to know as its on three and to find a fone that works on this network is a nightmare

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung s3 won't stay on when charger is disconnected

If he connected the wires backwards, the battery and the power circuit are probably shot. The phone needs to go to a repair shop.

(If he put the wires on correctly the same thing could have happened. the charger isn't supposed to be connected to the battery, the circuit is designed for the current to flow from the charger, through the charging circuit to the battery, not come into the charging circuit from the battery.)

At worst, it needs a new battery and a new motherboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty