My Galaxy S3 gallery folders are missing, where could they be?

mars007

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S3 Gallery Folders Missing

I had about 15 albums in my gallery. Including two download folders and two camera folders.
One day i changed a folder name and next thing i knew they were all gone. Some of them. Non duplicates are in My Files. Others are really gone. New folders made do show up, and taking a photo or screenshot creates new folders for those, but made the others in My Files disappear. Downloads do not make a new one and the original and extra is gone. Took the phone to Verizon where he googled looking for answers and found none. I could do the same thing! Samsung rep at Best Buy said he couldnt figure it out either, shrugged, and told me to get a new phone. I need these missing albums and I need them all to show up in Gallery. Copy or move fails every time.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Gallery Folders Missing

Welcome to Android Central! How did you have two Download directories? Did you create a second one?

Did you change a folder name from within the Gallery app, or using the MyFiles app? Which files or directories have disappeared? Were they all on the microSD card, or were some of them on Internal Storage as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa