Phone Cracked and Fire

CanadianRage

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

A couple months/one year ago I was charging my S3 and like a klutz I sat on my phone. Since the charger was pluged in the force of it bending cracked my screen.

The crack did not stop my phone from working so I kept using it. However a few weeks later when I was charging it the power button was missing and the edges around where burnt. I have no idea where the power button went, it was like it was blowen off when the fire happend (more singe then fire)

I know that it was probably my fault for still using a broken phone. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

I have pictures just not sure how to add them. If someone tells me how I will post them. I tried to add link to pictures in Dropbox but fourm said I need ten posts to place links.

Thank you.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I was charging my S3 and like a klutz I sat on my phone. Since the charger was pluged in the force of it bending cracked my screen.

The crack did not stop my phone from working so I kept using it. However a few weeks later when I was charging it the power button was missing and the edges around where burnt. I have no idea where the power button went, it was like it was blowen off when the fire happend (more singe then fire)

I know that it was probably my fault for still using a broken phone. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

I have pictures just not sure how to add them. If someone tells me how I will post them.

Thank you.
Although I'm sure many people have sat on their phones and damaged the screen, I'm not sure that many have done it while charging and have issues related to burning. Have you been able to get the device repaired or replaced?

CanadianRage

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the phone for 3-4 years and only had 2 months left on my contact, so I just used my wifes old iphone3 (god I hated it) and when the time came I bought and note 4 the day it came out.

I never asked samsung to replace the phone because it was my fault it was broken. I did look online to reolace the front glass at home but poping the front glass and heat gun. I just said "to much work and wait the 2 months".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall