SGS3 sd card writing problem

gronaldojr23

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone here knows how could I fix my SGS3 (unlocked) (v4.3) on writing on sd card? Because I've new sd card and inserted it on my phone but then it does not write any default folders just like Android, android secure, etc. I tried to format it on Laptop/Phone but still nothing happens. Please help me... :'( :'( :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

gronaldojr23

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I did just like what you said but no negative results.

Also I would like to add some information. I tried to create those default folders but the phone do not recognize those folders. I tried it by putting some obb files on it and the application manager do not detect the said file. Also when I transfer the apps to sd card the space is consumed but it has no file on it even if i check it to the computer by typing *.* on search bar. And also I had a previous sd card (destroyed) which has those default folders and also recognized by the phone

a friend of mine said that is is a problem on partition but I don't know what does it mean.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to use other SD cards without difficulty (apart from the previous card)? If so, then there's something wrong with this card, but it may be difficult to figure out exactly what.

Also, does it work normally when inserted into your computer's SD reader?

gronaldojr23

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes, and Yes

Also I tried to insert the sd card into another android phone which was able to create those default folders and if you put some files on it would be detected

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. I was just wondering if it was a really large card that wasn't fully compatible with that phone.

I wish I could tell you exactly why it's doing that. My best (and admittedly lame) advice is to use a different card that does work.:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87