s3 tethering problem

steve767

May 23, 2016
Visit site
hello. I am unable to tether my old s3 via usb to my laptop. I could do it before. I went to settings and looked for more settings but more settings is not visible on my phone. I can connect via hot spot but just not tether.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- the phone is still able to connect to the web via mobile data? When you connect the phone to the computer via USB, does the computer register that something has been connected?

What version of Windows is your laptop running? When you used to do it before, was that a while ago (like on Windows 7), or not too long ago? The S3 is a really old phone, so I'd wonder if something has become incompatible with more recent Windows updates.

steve767

May 23, 2016
Visit site
hello. I'm running win 10 on laptop and win 7 on desktop. Up Until a couple of weeks ago I was able to tether to both for a long time. I went to device manager and network adapters and it shows an unknown device. Tried updating, disable/enable. its having this problem on win 7 and 10. I can hotspot to laptop but not desktop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigersusyt