Galaxy S4 Active randomly pausing music

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My S4 Active will randomly pause music. This happens for both hardwired headphones, bluetooth headphones, or listening via bluetooth on my car stereo. Also, the volume will momentarily get louder (for a few seconds) on its own and then return to the original volume. Anybody else have these problems? Any suggestions?

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Um, maybe your voice control is turned on and it thinks it hears you when it doesn't? Try turning off voice control under settings in the music player.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I disabled my music player XD but your gonna have to root and use something like titanium to do that

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
There's some screen shots to help you out simply go down find the music player and freeze it I use Google play :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1391029542572.jpg
    1391029542572.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 1391029560945.jpg
    1391029560945.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 17
Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I am already using the Google Play music app and having this problem. The problem is getting stranger now. Often when it pauses, I'll use the lock screen control to start playing again, but it will momentarily start playing, then the camera app will open and the music will stop.

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Your phone is encountering Virus issue. Connect your phone to your computer and scan for viruses and also remove cache of your SD card, reinsert and check, as these things normally happens when your SD card i s corrupt.

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This may be more of a global android issue... Having the same problem right now on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. It seems that every time I receive a notification of any sort (twitter, facebook, gmail, etc...) it will pause whatever I'm listening to (Spotify, Beats, Tun-In Radio Pro, etc...). Happens on bluetooth, headphones or speaker. If I switch back to the app that's playing the music and just hit play, it'll go until I get another notification. Not a service related issue (Verizon, all bars, in known areas of good service)

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Alextodd1. I'll give it a try for sure. Nothing else seems to be working.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks spudskier. My pauses don't seem associated with notifications. Sometimes it will go an hour w/o pausing. Other times, it will pause 5 or 10 times in a row. Very frustrating.

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder if the notifications are just coincidence. I have scanned my phone and SD card for viruses, nothing. Still having the same problem you are Stephen. I also have started to have a lot of problems with bluetooth, but unsure if it's my car or the phone. (Have a VW and the bluetooth isn't great to begin with)

hickmanhunter

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got the s4 active for att and mine is randomly pausing too. I tried everything even using different players. Have yall figured anything out yet?

AGunz82

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One M8 that has been having this issue. I can't seem to figure it out, but I just took off notifcation access on the HTC Dot case. Hope this is the issue.

swirvi

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder if the notifications are just coincidence. I have scanned my phone and SD card for viruses, nothing. Still having the same problem you are Stephen. I also have started to have a lot of problems with bluetooth, but unsure if it's my car or the phone. (Have a VW and the bluetooth isn't great to begin with)

I'm having the same problems with Bluetooth.. I don't think it's my car since the Bluetooth on my phone actually turns itself off.. Then maybe back on.. Then off again. It happens a few times a day (I have Bluetooth on a lot for my fitbit). I did a factory reset a few months back when I was having touch wiz probs (now using Nova, still getting the touchscreen freezing though ugh) but it didn't solve the Bluetooth problem and it's getting more consistent.. (as consistent as an intermittent issue can get, anyway).. I can't find anyone else who seems to get this more often than me :(

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey.. I think I found a solution!!!

I was having this same issue.... Installed Nova Launcher and it resolved the issue. I didn't install the launcher to fix the issue but it resolved by mistake. Anyway, just install a different launcher and see if it resolves the issue for you..

Good LUCK.. Annoying problem!!

AstroStucky

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Been having this same problem on my Galaxy S4. My random pausing is occurring exactly as Stephen described. I have not tried the Nova Launcher fix yet, but since I wouldn't consider that a valid solution for everybody I wanted to add more input to the problem. For me the problem never came up until my phone was updated to Lollipop (Android 5.0). So I'm thinking the Lollipop update has something to do with it. Is there anybody not on Lollipop and still having the issue?

Tim Cambridge

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
It's been a while since anyone responded with a sure fix. I don't have one either. But my situation is similar. I have a Samsung GS5 Active on AT&T. I have a set of Jaybird BlueBuds X that I used to use on my iPhone. When I first started using the BBX on the GS5A, it worked just fine. I've had Nova Launcher on my phone before the pausing started.

The pausing happens on all of my music apps, but not YouTube or any video playback.

Still searching for answers.

Edit to add - this only happens with my Jaybirds. I can listen to music all day on my Bose bluetooth speaker and via bluetooth in my car.

nacholawbre

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
My S5 Active (AT&T) started experiencing the same issues a few days ago, and it has been getting progressively worse. It's now to the point that I can't get through a single song without this happening at least a few times.

Hoping someone can help us out.

Kat Be

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening to! But here's the thing, I'm still running kitkat! I have a rooted Note4 & this has been going on since maybe the end of March or beginning of April & it's driving me nuts! So any other thoughts on what may be causing this other than marshmallow? I've tried turning off all background apps with greenify. Or the app cleaner broom thing when I open my apps. It doesn't matter what I'm streaming with - pandora, Iheartradio, local music on my phone.....bluetooth or plugged in. Sometimes it does it after a half hour, sometimes after a minute! There's no rhyme nor reason! Has anyone figured this out??