Using the Galaxy S IV GPE in Israel

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You should get 2G (voice and text) and 3G from Cellcom. Orange, Pelephone Golan and Hot Mobile use frequencies the phone doesn't have.

Quinn Inuit

May 4, 2015
Visit site
You should get 2G (voice and text) and 3G from Cellcom. Orange, Pelephone Golan and Hot Mobile use frequencies the phone doesn't have.

OK, thanks. I'm on T-Mobile, BTW. Do you think I can take advantage of their international roaming, or should I buy a local sim for Cellcom?

Oh, and I mentioned it in the thread title, but I forgot to say it in the OP. I have a Google Play Edition S IV.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I was in Israel last summer and used my Blackberry Z30 on T-Mobile and it was friggin' awesome! Not the fastest data speeds but certainly good enough for email/text/light browsing. Best part was international data from T-Mobile was free so nothing to do but turn on the phone when you touched down.

Your S4 should have all the frequencies/bands you need for international but you should definitely do a bit of research to triple check.

Quinn Inuit

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info! It sounds you were definitely getting more than 2G, at least. I'm pretty sure the S IV GPE has the relevant bands, but I figured I would ask and see how it worked IRL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty