Hot battery and battery drain at Stand-by?

wittevrongelw

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone was just in my pocket when i felt (!) it getting hot. I was in school so I couldn't check it immediatly. I then turned it off but couldn't turn it on, the battery was empty (from around 40%). Is there a way to stop this from happening?(it happened once before) I attached screenshots where you can see the drain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-02-19-59-57.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-02-19-59-57.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2013-12-02-19-45-19.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-02-19-45-19.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone was just in my pocket when i felt (!) it getting hot. I was in school so I couldn't check it immediatly. I then turned it off but couldn't turn it on, the battery was empty (from around 40%). Is there a way to stop this from happening?(it happened once before) I attached screenshots where you can see the drain.

It might have been just a fluke or coincidence. Probably just an app that was looping. However, have you tried clearing cache in recovery?
This should work for the S4 Mini: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

techiewantabe

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yup, me too.
The more I am using this phone, the less I am liking it and I've only had it barely a week! I ģot it because it's small, gs4 has gotten great reviews, and I like the lighter screens like the dialer. I liked the lighter ones on iPhone 4s but it is klunky, can't be customized as much, is slow, and I didn't like being in the IPhone crowd.
I missed my speed dial, the way voice mail is set up and a lot of other things droids come with.
I came from envy touch to razor m and didnt like it's bigger size and dark screens. I was told to go to iphone which I didn't like immediately because the above things, as well as others, were missing.
I've got a lot of time and money in these 3 phones over 4 months.
The battery life in this phone is ridiculous! I loaded on some of the same apps as the 4s and never lost battery power like this. Last night it lost all of its power overnight at 70%. A while ago it lost its power in 3 hours and I had turned off a lot of things. What good and how smart is a smart phone when you have to turn off stuff and that isn't easy.
The mini has some stupid things like no spell check, no way to have ring tones for separate things like text and email, and no colored smileys.
Even right now as I write this, the phone is getting slower and hot and i have it on charger.
Maybe my phone is defective and I need another one. Iphone4s had some low battery Issues but not like this.
Any suggestions? Different droid? Iphone 5s? New one of these because its defective?
This isn't what I expected from a smart phone.
Thank you,
Denise

wittevrongelw

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
You should check in settings what is using your battery, the phone getting hot and drained is probably an app looping as told above. But maybe there is something wrong with the battery or the software, i suggest you do what the first reply says.

Posted via Android Central App