Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini turning off Safe Mode HELP

harveys4mini

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
HI, i am asking how to get my s4 mini out of "safe mode", the phone was dropped on its side it has dented the volume button. I have rebooted it and taken out the battery a few times but only the stansard APPS are working.It has removed my personal APPS
Please Help Or refer me, many thanks in advance.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
HI, i am asking how to get my s4 mini out of "safe mode", the phone was dropped on its side it has dented the volume button. I have rebooted it and taken out the battery a few times but only the stansard APPS are working.It has removed my personal APPS
Welcome to Android Central Harvey :)
To get it out of safe mode turn off the phone, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and put it back in. Then turn it on :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, when you turn it on are you sure you don't have your finger on the menu key? Left of the home button...
That's how you boot into safe mode so that might be it :eek:

pantumi

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It happend same thing to my s4 mini!did you find a solution?also my volume button is broken,I can use only to make bigger volume.how you took out safe mode?thanks in advance

Nancy Cramblit

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem beginning Wednesday, January 8,2013. The first S4mini was deemed DOA and I got a new one Saturday, 1/11/2013. All was well until I turned it on this morning! It came on in SAFE MODE-ground hog day! The tech support cleared it up like this:1. Power it OFF
2. Press at the same time: UP VOLUME/HOME KEY/and POWER BUTTON.
3.Watch the top left corner of the screen for the tiny bright blue message about
REBOOTING when this appears, LET GO OF THE THREE BUTTONS.
4. Use the Volume button to scroll to the 4th item(some kind of reboot-I can't
remember the exact title)
5. Use the POWER button to SELECT it.
You'll see the little android robot falling down, getting up with a spinning tummy and at the end of his act the phone will be off.
Power it back on and hopefully you'll be off of SAFE MODE.
The tech told me to definitely call back(Verizon) if it comes on in SAFE MODE again tomorrow. I always power down at night and charge up.

I had two phones in less than 7 days do this-something is up.

mdawdy

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
HI, i am asking how to get my s4 mini out of "safe mode", the phone was dropped on its side it has dented the volume button. ...

It happend same thing to my s4 mini!did you find a solution?also my volume button is broken,...

Both phones have a broken volume button. The volume button is involved in the process of booting into Safe Mode, as in this video tutorial ...

How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini into Safe Mode - Galaxy S4 Mini Archive - Custom ROMs, Tips and Tricks

So you two need to get the volume button fixed.

craigmellor90

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
i set a pasword on my phone then i forgot it and now after trying to reset it the phone is stuck in encryption mode i cant manually reset it or hard reset it no matter what i do it goes back to the same screen can anyone help ?

oliviarebecca

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
i have recently had the same problem yet no one can help me all i have been told is that i need to wipe the whole phone and if that does not work they will have a look at it :) it seems like a very common problem so they must have a solution

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but it didn't work, any other ideas would be helpful? Cheers

Take it to the store where you bought it. Although the warranty might be affected by the accident, maybe the guys there will find a solution. I did the trick with the battery do and it worked, probably it`s something more severe than that

Tracy Lupejkis

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It's happened to me twice. I called at&T and Samsung. They were useless and Samsung wanted me to mail my phone in and wait NO way. My volume button is dented a little too, the down volume part.
I had to pull it out a little with a nail file. Be careful! Gently. Power the phone down. Now power it on. Quickly---- Before you see reboot in blue, on the black screen right before, push the volume button as if you were lowering the volume (if it is pushed in too much, use your thumbnail) and the HOME key at the same time. You should see the samsung logo- not the white S4 one, the one in a circle that appears on power up. My volume button is still pushed in a little on the bottom, but this has worked twice now. I don't remember dropping the phone, and this time it happened because I let the battery drain. Samsung told me to keep it no lower than 20% charged. I hope this works for you. If that doesn't work, let it go to the boot menu, select reboot now with the power key and then push in the lower part of the volume button and the home key. :D

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
The part with the nail file seems the most delicate one. I can`t imagine what would happens if somebody`s hand would tremble

jala

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
From power off, pressing Volume UP and Power at the same time worked for me (maybe because the volume button was stuck in Volume Down)

Manveer Marwaha

May 17, 2014
Visit site

Manveer Marwaha

May 17, 2014
Visit site
This is what I did I kept my phone on while the back of my phone was off then I quickly removed the battery with the charger in it and quickly put the battery back in I dont know if this works but give it a go its worked twice for me but if it does work DO NOT SWITCH YOUR PHONE OFF AGAIN or it will go back into safe mode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana