1 Touch Voicemail Visual Voicemail Workaround

Gobucks1234

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I was trying to find a way to get the Voicemail Icon in the Dock Bar to skip the visual voicemail page and go directly to voicemail audio version. Well, I could not figure out how to do that reading forums or searching. Here is my workaround. If you know a better way please let me know.
Its not perfect.
1 Create a new contact "Voicemail"
2 Put in your phone number as the number to call.
3 Upload a voicemail icon (png filetype) to your image folder
4 Now in the contact tap the face to load the icon image
5 Save contact
6 Go to widgets and grab the Direct Dial Contact widget
7 Place widget in dock bar.

Now, when you hit that voicemail icon in your dock bar it will directly call into your voicemail.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice "Lite"

Set up or remove Google voicemail

Set up Google voicemail for your phone

With Google Voicemail you'll have all your voicemail in one place, with transcriptions, access to your past voicemails, and voicemail sharing options.

If you'd like to set up Google voicemail for your mobile number, follow the steps below:

Click the gear icon link at the top right corner of the page. gear icon
Click Settings.
Click Add another phone
Enter a name and the number for your phone and then select the "Phone Type".
Click Save.
You will be prompted to verify your phone number. Click Connect and Google Voice will call your phone. Verify your phone by entering the code that appears in the 'Verify your Phone' pop-up window.
Click Activate Google voicemail on this phone.
Follow the directions on the next screen and enter the code provided as if you were calling someone. Press the 'Call' button on your phone to finish setting up Google voicemail for your mobile phone.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-1sx3qhtutyt40&cbrank=0

Gobucks1234

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help.

It is the matrix of 3x3 squares now, not the gear. Or can just search for Google Voice.

Nevertheless, I was happy with my sprint Voicemail, which seems to work fine. Maybe I will try google voice. I assume there is lots of advertising with voice, reading my messages like they do with gmail, etc...?