New multi circle icon when unlocking screen?

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
In the past week or so, for about a second when I'm unlocking my screen, I see 3 tiny circles in the top bar, in the upper left corner. They disappear after less than a second.

The circles are almost forming a triangle shape, but not quite.

They are next to other icons, such as the square which indicates an unread text message, etc.

I've never seen this multi circle icon before.

I am on Android 6.0.1.

I am not sure if they only appear when I unlock my phone and have a notification, or if they appear every time I unlock my phone. I haven't been able to figure out any consistent pattern. I think I see it almost every time now when I unlock it, but not exactly 100% of the time.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I tried several times today to take a screen shot. But it disappears too quickly right after I unlock my phone.

Is there somewhere where I can see a list of all possible icons that could appear up there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there somewhere where I can see a list of all possible icons that could appear up there?

That's difficult, because the icon could be due to the system, the carrier, or some 3rd party app.

Can you take a short video of the phone screen when you're waking it (using a different device to take the video, of course), then share the video?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa