S4 or Note2?

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Now that we know what the S4 has to offer... Which would you prefer?

I'm torn...........

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SevenThree

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Being a newer member of the phone club, I'm not familiar with how some updates work.

But did they say if those camera features are exclusive to the GS4? Or would they typically be available in an update later on down the road?

With that said, I'm happy with the Note 2. Its screen size has spoiled me; at least until I get a chance to mess around with the S4.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Being a newer member of the phone club, I'm not familiar with how some updates work.

But did they say if those camera features are exclusive to the GS4? Or would they typically be available in an update later on down the road?

With that said, I'm happy with the Note 2. Its screen size has spoiled me; at least until I get a chance to mess around with the S4.
They might add them to the Note 3.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking note 2. S4 has a lot of gimmicks I wouldn't use and are just renamed apps and features we already have on android.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm torn...........

If you like big screen and stylus then get note 2. If you don't need stylus then go for s4. It will be one of the best and fastest phone out there.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

J Fern

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat !!! Had the Gs2 and recently got the Galaxy note 2 ( without contract ). Planned to use it in the mean time then sell it for the s4 since I always had my eyes on the Galaxy s4 and what it could offer. I didnt know what to expect from the GN2 with the size and all... I Immediately fell in love with the phone, screen and especially the GREAT battery usage. After a day or two I got use to the size but sometimes it feels a lilttle extra to handle and just a little heavy ex.after holding to your ear for a long period of time while talking .ALSO I HAVE TO POINT OUT I DON'T USE THE S-PEN MUCH but still not sure if i want to part with it for the s4.
I'm 50/50 right now between not using the s-pen and being a little uneasy to handle sometimes but loving my battery usage , screen and overall performance ... and the latest s4 and its 1080p screen and 13 mp camera a little more easier to carry and handle being lighter... but not knowing how the battery usage will turn out . I will wait it out 2-3 months after release

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The S4 used a pentile screen. It will be grainy and whites will suck. The Note 2 uses an RGB screen. It's so much better then pentile. In fact there are a bunch of posts about this and how Samsung messed up.

Like the S3 it's a smaller screen then the Note 2 but it has the same resolution. But the screen on the Note 2 is RGB. Go down to you're local mobile store and look at the screen side by side. The difference is huge.

I'm pretty sure they will do the same thing with the Note 3. It will have the better screen.

I'm kinda in shock that Samsung did this in the first place. Yeah it's 1080p but who cares if it's grainy and whites and grays look bad. It's like having black lines very little ones you can barely see but there are so much of them it ruins the true colors. I know I don't have to explain this. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about and if you own a S3 you really know what I'm talking about. If you own a Note 2 you might not know what I'm taking about unless you've seen one side by side to an S3.

It's not always about pixel count it's about sub pixel count as well.

For example, the Note 2's screen is the same resolution as the S3's, the Note 2's screen is also .8" bigger but the Note 2 uses RGB rather then the pentile screen in the S3.

This is why side by side the Note 2's screen looks so much better. Sharper, better whites and Brighter.

I'm stating these facts is for the people that don't know about screens.

Anyway, I'm happy I got the Note 2 and when we get 4.2.2 we will be able to do these few new things the S4 can do but with a better picture.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
If there isn't a Note 3 when my Infuse's contract is up I'll get the S4. Not all that interested in the One.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Both. Everyone needs a note 2 and a backup. Not sure the the S4 will replace my Nexus 4. I will wait to see real world reviews. I like the size of the 4.7 - 4.8 screen size. Although the S4 is the same size dimensions as the S3 and N4.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The S4 used a pentile screen. It will be grainy and whites will suck. The Note 2 uses an RGB screen. It's so much better then pentile. In fact there are a bunch of posts about this and how Samsung messed up.

Like the S3 it's a smaller screen then the Note 2 but it has the same resolution. But the screen on the Note 2 is RGB. Go down to you're local mobile store and look at the screen side by side. The difference is huge.

I'm pretty sure they will do the same thing with the Note 3. It will have the better screen.

I'm kinda in shock that Samsung did this in the first place. Yeah it's 1080p but who cares if it's grainy and whites and grays look bad. It's like having black lines very little ones you can barely see but there are so much of them it ruins the true colors. I know I don't have to explain this. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about and if you own a S3 you really know what I'm talking about. If you own a Note 2 you might not know what I'm taking about unless you've seen one side by side to an S3.

It's not always about pixel count it's about sub pixel count as well.

For example, the Note 2's screen is the same resolution as the S3's, the Note 2's screen is also .8" bigger but the Note 2 uses RGB rather then the pentile screen in the S3.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

You must have superhuman vision in order to see pixels on a 441 PPI screen. Your saying its grainy? Have you even used the device, your note 2 has something like 267ppi while the s4 has 441ppi just so you know. The s4 also has a greater sub pixel count then the note2. I don't understand why people bash a device when they haven't used it, don't you have something better to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 2 an update will improve the device and close the gap on the sofware side, when the Note 3 comes out i will be getting it on launch day, one thing i hope the device does not get bigger even if the screen will be.

Blasted from my Galaxy Note 2 to your screen with the use of Tapatalk 2

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Since I have the Note 2 I would say Note 2. S Pen is sick and I don't want to go to a smaller phone now. The 13MP camera and 1080p screen makes me jealous, but we have an Exynos, S Pen, and bigger screen. My next phone will probably be Note 3 or Note 4. Once you go big, you never want to go back.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
So far I've heard nothing but good from the Note 2, and absolutely zero current Note 2 owners opting to get the S4, so it's going to be a very tough decision for me between S4, Note 2 or HTC One - though I'm more leaning towards Samsung just because I have seen many of my mates use it with minimal/no complaints. We'll just have to wait for its release so more info is out, I suppose.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm torn...........

Same here. I am due for an upgrade, and I do not know if I should get the note 2 (I would love a larger screen) or go with the s4. Also, i might just wait for the Note 3 because it will be a bigger s4 just like the Note 2 is a bigger s3 (kind of).

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 2 an update will improve the device and close the gap on the sofware side, when the Note 3 comes out i will be getting it on launch day, one thing i hope the device does not get bigger even if the screen will be.

Blasted from my Galaxy Note 2 to your screen with the use of Tapatalk 2

Didn't they say that the screen was going to be close to 6 inches or something like that?

stevep1794

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well im learning how to root and ROM my S2 so Im gonna go with the Note 2. Im more apt to think that the Note 3 will be pretty much just a polish of the note 2..the 13 mp cam sone of the S4 features rolled over into the Note side of the house.. Im not thinking or maybe Im wrong...I DID get married once... that lasted 6 yrs.. so its happened... but I not thinking the Note 3 is gonna make me wait. Ive had the S2 for a good bit so Im gonna go with the N2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair