This is why I think the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is why the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

I love taking pictures and S4 has great quality cam. So it's a yes yes :)

The One's camera has consistently been shown to have better results through side by side tests, though this could be partly because the S4 was revealed like two days ago.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Can we not stop with the cheerleading threads. Uggh. Every thread anymore is a my phone is better than your phone thread. Who cares what anyone else likes?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JonCBK

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

How in the world are people saying the S4's camera is better than the One's because it has more megapixels? This is wrong. Megapixels do not determine picture quality! More megapixels does not mean that the camera will be better!

In fact, more megapixels means smaller pixels, which means less light on the sensor to distribute to each pixel, which means worse low light photos. Biggest complaint for cameras in phones, ability to take low light photos. Putting 13 megs in a phone is by definition going to result in a worse camera than if the manufacturer had spent the same care and effort in an 8 meg camera. Now Samsung makes a good camera and has skills, so let's see how they do. But I guarantee, they could have made a better camera with 8 megs and that going to 13 is just a marketing megapixel war move.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Here we go again with the Samsung vs HTC flagship phone battle. Every year HTC makes a phone with "better build quality" while sammy sticks with its "cheap plastic". I'm sure like any other year, the HTC will be 99 bucks after a month or so.. Just look at the One, Vivid etc. Also, I don't see how someone with so much phone knowledge (I assume) could say that sd cards aren't as valuable on android phones as they used to be. I don't have an unlimited data plan and I like to have all my music/videos with me wherever I go. Also, I did a master reset on my phone yesterday. I have approx 40gb of files on my sd card. Simply removing my memory card while doing the factory reset saved all my files. Imagine someone who doesn't have much experience with a smart phone calling att for help with a phone freezing. They have an HTC without removable memory. We all know the tech on the phone will suggest a factory reset. What will happen to their Music/photos/videos after this master reset?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I am also growing a bit weary with the "my dog is better than your dog" posts. It is all a matter of personal preference. When I was migrating from the BB 9810 to Android, I test drove the One X and then the GS3. At the time, the GS3 performance seemed better and Nature UX interface seemed more focused on the user experience and was more intuitive to someone not familiar with Android. Sense seemed a bit more clunky and not as intuitive. I am still open to test driving both before make a decision but, based upon what I have seen so far, HTC has put a lot work and more focused with the One instead of having so many variants but they are still playing catch up in terms of focusing more on premium design and materials than the user experience and performance focus instead of superior user experience and performance with build materials and design that aren't really so bad. Not great but not bad. Slap a case like the Defender and the one that makes me more efficient and move throughout the day better wins. In an average work day, the better display and camera are going to make the difference? Buy the one that works best and appeals to you the most. Do your research and test drive both when they are released. Could Samsung have done more to make my choice easier? Sure. It is all in the eyes of the beholder. Again, these are just my thoughts as someone who is still relatively new to Android.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Can we not stop with the cheerleading threads. Uggh. Every thread anymore is a my phone is better than your phone thread. Who cares what anyone else likes?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah. It gets old for sure.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

tobegone

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

..and as for the plastic vs metal argument - most are wrapping their phones w/butt ugly cases anyway.. -smh

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. It gets old for sure.

While I respect you folks s desire to dampen the amount of controversy on this topic, the same could be said for the holier than thou type comments. This is a tech forum after all and as a result discussion is bound to ensue, considering neither device was released yet we d quickly run out of things to talk about if not for this. As long as the discussion stays on topic and doesn't become personal I fail to see the problem. In fact, its mildly amusing.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Here we go again with the Samsung vs HTC flagship phone battle. Every year HTC makes a phone with "better build quality" while sammy sticks with its "cheap plastic". I'm sure like any other year, the HTC will be 99 bucks after a month or so.. Just look at the One, Vivid etc. Also, I don't see how someone with so much phone knowledge (I assume) could say that sd cards aren't as valuable on android phones as they used to be. I don't have an unlimited data plan and I like to have all my music/videos with me wherever I go. Also, I did a master reset on my phone yesterday. I have approx 40gb of files on my sd card. Simply removing my memory card while doing the factory reset saved all my files. Imagine someone who doesn't have much experience with a smart phone calling att for help with a phone freezing. They have an HTC without removable memory. We all know the tech on the phone will suggest a factory reset. What will happen to their Music/photos/videos after this master reset?

You can keep a backup on your computer. And you should because SD cards get corrupted, and if you dont and it does then your screwed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

While I respect you folks s desire to dampen the amount of controversy on this topic, the same could be said for the holier than thou type comments. This is a tech forum after all and as a result discussion is bound to ensue, considering neither device was released yet we d quickly run out of things to talk about if not for this. As long as the discussion stays on topic and doesn't become personal I fail to see the problem. In fact, its mildly amusing.

Oh discussion I don't mind.. That's what a forum is for. However this is people saying others opinions are wrong as they scoff at them for not being in agreement with their epicness of choice on what they think is the best phone.

Discussion is one thing.. Telling someone they are wrong because they like one product vs the other since you think the other product is better.. Yeah..

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm not so sure that Sense is better than TouchWiz. Yes, Sense 5 is definitely a leg up from an aesthetic perspective but having seen the HTC One impressions, I can't help but notice that TouchWiz seems to be easier to navigate and more intuitive from the get go.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm not so sure that Sense is better than TouchWiz. Yes, Sense 5 is definitely a leg up from an aesthetic perspective but having seen the HTC One impressions, I can't help but notice that TouchWiz seems to be easier to navigate and more intuitive from the get go.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint

I think it's hard to define "better" in this context. The materials used, yes, from a strictly utilitarian viewpoint - you just beat on the phone and see what happens. But I like Sense better than TouchWiz, and that's more or less a function of how my brain works, which will be different from others. Electonically and mechanically, neither HTC or Samsung are going to give us junk in their headliner phones, so as always this whole argument comes down to a simple question; "Which do you like better?" You're going to get an excellent phone either way. But I'm just a voice in the wilderness - let the flames begin, and loose the dogs of war.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Mines better than yours... no it's not... yes it is... WHO really cares??? Isn't it nice that WE have these types of choices!!!

I'm very happy to have these types of choice... HTC One, Samsung S4, Motorola X phone, just to name a few. Yes we still have to wait for the X phone, but I'm sure we will see the specs before too long.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

In fact, more megapixels means smaller pixels, which means less light on the sensor to distribute to each pixel, which means worse low light photos. Biggest complaint for cameras in phones, ability to take low light photos. Putting 13 megs in a phone is by definition going to result in a worse camera than if the manufacturer had spent the same care and effort in an 8 meg camera. Now Samsung makes a good camera and has skills, so let's see how they do. But I guarantee, they could have made a better camera with 8 megs and that going to 13 is just a marketing megapixel war move.

There's way more than comes into play here, from f-stop to ISO to shutter speeds. So while a greater megapixel count does not equal a better picture, it doesn't equal a worse picture, either.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I like pie. Apple pie, cherry pie, fanboy pie.

PS: pure android >>>>> TouchWiz / Sense. Luxury cars my butt. More like a hyundai with lots of options of dubious usefulness.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

So your implying that of the 40 million GS3 owners, 400,000 run ASOP???? I think not!!! I would be surprised if 400000 android users total run ASOP!

Cheers

Hasn't CM had a couple million installs? Not sure exactly how they calculate that number though.

eyekantbeme

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

how about removable battery? I don't know if you can remove the battery from the HTC One because you could not for the HTC Evo. If that's the case, I prefer the s4 by a long shot.

I dont know what you're referring to about not having a removable battery on the HTC EVO-4G. Mine was easily removable without the need for screws or anything like on an Iphone. So then what are you talking about? Your Evo 4G did not have a removable battery slot? I guess, just tell me because mine was easily removable by unclipping a couple clips and taking off the back cover. I'm just curious, that is all. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38