03-20-2013 10:05 PM
63 123
tools
    Cores aren't everything, and the s600 is no slouch. Unless you're a hardcore gamer you aren't going to notice a difference
    03-18-2013 10:47 PM
    Cores aren't everything, and the s600 is no slouch. Unless you're a hardcore gamer you aren't going to notice a difference
    And if you are a hardcore gamer neither one of these chips are what you want...
    03-18-2013 10:48 PM
    And if you are a hardcore gamer neither one of these chips are what you want...
    Well if you're a hardcore gamer, I doubt a phone is your method of choice. I'd think that's more for tablets, etc
    Ry likes this.
    03-18-2013 10:49 PM
    Well if you're a hardcore gamer, I doubt a phone is your method of choice. I'd think that's more for tablets, etc
    Not a tablet with either one of these chips in it.
    Ry likes this.
    03-18-2013 10:55 PM
    Not a tablet with either one of these chips in it.
    These chips aren't that bad for gaming.
    03-19-2013 05:52 AM
    These chips aren't that bad for gaming.
    No, they aren't. They're plenty powerful. They just don't have anything spectacular made for them that runs any better than anything else.

Obviously I'm referring to Tegra and the Tegrazone. After having it I'm not sure I'll use a tablet without Tegra because of the graphics.
    03-19-2013 09:33 AM
    No, they aren't. They're plenty powerful. They just don't have anything spectacular made for them that runs any better than anything else.

Obviously I'm referring to Tegra and the Tegrazone. After having it I'm not sure I'll use a tablet without Tegra because of the graphics.
    I feel the tegrazone is overhyped. I used some of the games on my nexus 7 and didn't think there was anything really special about those and it seems they just isolated it from other chips( which likely could have handled it) as bragging. I think others need to come up with something similar to tegrazone for each particular chip to take advantage of.
    03-19-2013 01:34 PM
    There's nothing out currently that the s600 can't do on your phone. I don't understand how Samsung is screwing us over. I prefer the Qualcomm SoC because they know how CDMA radios work.
    03-20-2013 03:21 AM
    Dude you don't freaking need 8 cores in a phone, besides its not a true 8 core CPU because it uses ARM's big.LITTLE tech so effectively its two quads, but they dont run simultaneously either.
    Agreed. The industry hasnt even fully embraced quadcore yet. All this octacore crap is the biggest marketing gimmick in history

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-20-2013 03:32 AM
    Agreed. The industry hasnt even fully embraced quadcore yet. All this octacore crap is the biggest marketing gimmick in history

Many devs don't even unlock the true potential of the dual core phones and he is talking about octa core lol.
    03-20-2013 03:41 AM

Again, we'll have to wait and see what battery life is like. If it's anything like it should be in the theory of design, samsung will hit a home run with the rest of the world, while separating the bulk of the U.S. market into the 'dummy' category. ..could turn out to be a marketing mistake.

All that said, I agree with what others have been saying about qualcomms more mod friendly chips, still feel the average user won't care about that and they'll feel short changed if the difference in battery life is even marginal.
    03-20-2013 04:16 AM
    Last year with the galaxy S III the us version came with a dual core processor. International version had quad. We were told because the quad core doesn't work with LTE.

Then the Korean market gets the phone and guess what? LTE works and they also got the 2 gb ram. The ONLY version that should have been released.

Now the international version gets 8 CORES! Now we get 4.

Why didn't they give us the Octacore?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    The main reason people won't care is because phone will be just as good with either one. Plus I saw an article that said developers don't like the Samsung processors. In the end I think it will be fine.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    03-20-2013 05:59 AM
    The main reason people won't care is because phone will be just as good with either one.
    Boom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    03-20-2013 10:05 PM
63 123