S4 lock screen and swipe to access Camera, Favorite Apps

James McNally

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't get this to work. Settings says if you check it and swipe from right or left on the lock screen it will open up the camera app (or fav apps if you select those). Anyone been able to get this to work? Thanks from a new iOs to Android convert :)

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Can't get this to work. Settings says if you check it and swipe from right or left on the lock screen it will open up the camera app (or fav apps if you select those). Anyone been able to get this to work? Thanks from a new iOs to Android convert :)

Took me over to find out.. Swipe down anywhere from the top third of the screen (by the time/date) and an outline of a rectangle should show up. From there you can swipe left or right to access the widgets. Welcome to android!

James McNally

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Took me over to find out.. Swipe down anywhere from the top third of the screen (by the time/date) and an outline of a rectangle should show up. From there you can swipe left or right to access the widgets. Welcome to android!

Excellent! This worked perfectly. What a helpful community! I'm enjoying my new adventure with Android. Off to explore more...

Alison Goh

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Argh!!! that is flawed!! is there no way of accessing camera from a password/PIN/pattern locked screen like iOS?

Also a recent convert..... struggling without Emoji too on standard Samsung keyboard....

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Argh!!! that is flawed!! is there no way of accessing camera from a password/PIN/pattern locked screen like iOS?

Also a recent convert..... struggling without Emoji too on standard Samsung keyboard....

Android is not iOS... it's better n secure. Read above. You can't do it from a pin/password protected screen. Simple!

:*: Neebi :*:

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, you used to be able to do it. On my HTC, I could still see lock screen icons of fave apps and drag them to get the password prompt before they opened. It just saved a step.