Can't get this to work. Settings says if you check it and swipe from right or left on the lock screen it will open up the camera app (or fav apps if you select those). Anyone been able to get this to work? Thanks from a new iOs to Android convert
    04-26-2013 04:04 PM
    if you have a pin or password it will not work.
    04-26-2013 04:22 PM
    Can't get this to work. Settings says if you check it and swipe from right or left on the lock screen it will open up the camera app (or fav apps if you select those). Anyone been able to get this to work? Thanks from a new iOs to Android convert
    Took me over to find out.. Swipe down anywhere from the top third of the screen (by the time/date) and an outline of a rectangle should show up. From there you can swipe left or right to access the widgets. Welcome to android!
    04-26-2013 06:13 PM
    Took me over to find out.. Swipe down anywhere from the top third of the screen (by the time/date) and an outline of a rectangle should show up. From there you can swipe left or right to access the widgets. Welcome to android!
    Excellent! This worked perfectly. What a helpful community! I'm enjoying my new adventure with Android. Off to explore more...
    mballs4life likes this.
    04-26-2013 06:25 PM
    Argh!!! that is flawed!! is there no way of accessing camera from a password/PIN/pattern locked screen like iOS?

Also a recent convert..... struggling without Emoji too on standard Samsung keyboard....
    05-20-2013 03:45 AM
    Argh!!! that is flawed!! is there no way of accessing camera from a password/PIN/pattern locked screen like iOS?

Also a recent convert..... struggling without Emoji too on standard Samsung keyboard....
    Android is not iOS... it's better n secure. Read above. You can't do it from a pin/password protected screen. Simple!

:*: Neebi :*:
    05-20-2013 04:21 AM
    Well, you used to be able to do it. On my HTC, I could still see lock screen icons of fave apps and drag them to get the password prompt before they opened. It just saved a step.
    davidsnoodles likes this.
    05-20-2013 06:00 AM
    I have 4.2.2 on my GS3 without PIN or Password and I can't swipe to the right either.
    08-17-2013 11:41 AM
    struggling without Emoji too on standard Samsung keyboard....
    Install the messenger app called "line". It has way more emoji than iOS. The app is on both platforms so it should cover your bases so long as your friends install it to
    01-11-2014 01:48 AM