Comfort Level - Wrong Temps!

thestardawg

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else using Comfort Level? Mine is showing that the room temp is 80 degrees with 70% humidity. Thermostat shows a cool 72 degrees.

How does one calibrate this?

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if the temperature would be more accurate if you put the phone in airplane mode for 30 minutes before checking? I'm guessing heat from the CPU and/or radio is warming the phone enough that the reported number is accurate...for the location of the sensor, inside the phone.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for good RH readings. Humidity is notoriously difficult to measure accurately even with a dedicated instrument.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's not remotely accurate. Not once. Not sure why I need it to tell me i'm comfortable so no big loss.

Yeah, I've not quite figured out what this feature would be good for. I've never sat there thinking, "You know, my phone would be much better if it could tell me what the temperature and humidity are right now. I think I'm comfortable, but I'm not quite sure."

I was kinda hoping that developers would find a cool use for it, but I don't have any ideas of what that would be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87