Ringtone/Notifcation Volumes Link Together

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So I have discovered that the volume control for ringtone is separate from notification. Coming from my HTC One X I was spoiled by being able to use the volume rockers to control both ringtone and notification volumes together. I read thru the Note II and Galaxy S3 forums but the apps suggested there do not work on the Galaxy S4. I downloaded and tried a couple.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to link together and control both the ringtone and notification volumes on our S4s?
Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I must say this is an odd request, but understandable too.. Normally everyone is complaining they can't separately adjust these two settings :p

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I must say this is an odd request, but understandable too.. Normally everyone is complaining they can't separately adjust these two settings :p

I hear ya! And I understand why Samsung/Android works this way. But for me how I use it is at work: when in a meeting I want to turn both ringtone and notifications down to the lowest volume. When at my desk I want them both at mid-volume. And when I leave for the day - in my car I want them both at high volume. So I am continuously throughout the day adjusting my volumes. I'm just looking for an easier way! :) Rather than have to go into volume settings each time.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Completely understandable..

I'm sure in time someone will have an app developed or ported/updated to work on the S4.

Good luck :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member