05-06-2013 02:42 PM
166 ... 567
tools
    Nothing's going to change noticeably in size of apps in 2 years. If anything needs to change by then it's internal storage size not more cheap slow outdated SD cards. Samsung took a step backwards.

So no. It was not a relevant response .

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)
    Then we agree to disagree. Status update in two years.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    omniusovermind likes this.
    05-05-2013 06:39 PM
    WOW, this is really getting old!
    It's simple, the16GB S4 is going to be more then enough phone for 95% of the cell phone purchasing customer! That is why you see the focus on this phone! Like it or not, this is the customer that manufacturers, carriers, retailers, and the majority of developers are focused on! It may be a nice idea for these companies to build products just for the power user, but that doesn't go very far when it isn't profitable!

cheers
    05-05-2013 06:42 PM
    WOW, this is really getting old!
    It's simple, the16GB S4 is going to be more then enough phone for 95% of the cell phone purchasing customer! That is why you see the focus on this phone! Like it or not, this is the customer that manufacturers, carriers, retailers, and the majority of developers are focused on! It may be a nice idea for these companies to build products just for the power user, but that doesn't go very far when it isn't profitable!

cheers
    Then why was the S4 initially advertised offering 16Gb, 32Gb & 64Gb? IF they knew that 95% of customers would be happy with the 16Gb then why even offer the other two configurations? The two higher storage models could easily be special order items. Its happens all the time in retail. You PLEASE the paying customer to get their money. This is not rocket science. I'd rather pay for MORE internal memory than for SD memory.

Its like you are buying a new car and the dealer won't allow you to ORDER a car with a V6 engine because he is only stocking cars with 4-cylinders.
    05-05-2013 07:40 PM
    Amen to that.

I want 32gb of internal storage. Samsung announced that the device would be available in 16gb, 32gb, and 64gb configurations during their Radio City Music Hall song and dance.

I will wait for what I want to be available. I just wish they would make it available already!
    05-05-2013 08:30 PM
    If the larger versions were the available I don't people would be so upset about losing a few more gigs. I most likely won't need more than 8GBs of internal storage either, but it did bother me that I didn't have the choice of a larger version when I pre-ordered my S3.
    05-05-2013 10:46 PM
    bundling a free microSD card with every unit for extension of memo
    Where the heck is mine ??? I didn't get one with my phone and I also read another post when some one else was asking the same question.
    05-05-2013 11:48 PM
    With that said, most likely T Mobile will sell the 32gb
    verison for about $739.. So, now I have gone from $640 to $740. However, they don't have it in stock
    This is what I found when I google for the 32 gb...."We have confirmed that AT&T will indeed be carrying a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 in the future though it still wont say when. Weve also confirmed with Verizon that it has no plans to carry a 32GB Galaxy S4 in the days ahead, leaving consumers with a 16GB option only. We also reached out to the UnCarrier, T-Mobile, to see if it would be carrying larger options in the future and the answer was both good and bad
    When asked whether it would be carrying a 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 in the future, the carrier replied with an extremely vague response"
    05-06-2013 12:23 AM
    I was mistaken. My apps are not on my SD Card. Sorry for the confusion.
    05-06-2013 12:37 AM
    My GS3 came with 11.95 GB of storage. Sure 2 gb less seems like a lot, but it is what it is. The ease of redownloading apps takes away a lot of the pain of keeping 1 gb+ apps on your phone, but let's face it, aside from a few intensive games, the majority of apps are from 20-200 mb+ etc. Get a cheap microSD card for your photos and videos and files. Be thankful that Samsung is one of the few manufacturers that still allows MicroSD card support. I didn't hear this much complaining when the Nexus 4 shipped with a pitiful 8 gb storage model and no sd expansion.

I also agree that Samsung should have shipped the 32 gb and 64 gb models on day one. Let those who want the extra memory, get them.
    05-06-2013 05:57 AM
    This is what I found when I google for the 32 gb...."We have confirmed that AT&T will indeed be carrying a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S4 in the future though it still wont say when. Weve also confirmed with Verizon that it has no plans to carry a 32GB Galaxy S4 in the days ahead, leaving consumers with a 16GB option only. We also reached out to the UnCarrier, T-Mobile, to see if it would be carrying larger options in the future and the answer was both good and bad
    When asked whether it would be carrying a 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 in the future, the carrier replied with an extremely vague response"
    If this is from Gottamobile, they will not give their source. I can not find a corporate rep for Verizon say they will or will not. All I get is the only version Samsung can ship is the 16gb due to supply. Zero confirmation either way though if they will or will not carry the 16gb.
    05-06-2013 08:15 AM
    My GS3 came with 11.95 GB of storage. Sure 2 gb less seems like a lot, but it is what it is. The ease of redownloading apps takes away a lot of the pain of keeping 1 gb+ apps on your phone, but let's face it, aside from a few intensive games, the majority of apps are from 20-200 mb+ etc. Get a cheap microSD card for your photos and videos and files. Be thankful that Samsung is one of the few manufacturers that still allows MicroSD card support. I didn't hear this much complaining when the Nexus 4 shipped with a pitiful 8 gb storage model and no sd expansion.

I also agree that Samsung should have shipped the 32 gb and 64 gb models on day one. Let those who want the extra memory, get them.
    AC actually recommended getting the 16gb version because of lack of storage, and said a 32gb version should be offered.
    05-06-2013 08:56 AM
    Right on Android Central Front Page AT&T going to offer 32GB version on 5/10. Hoping Verizon Wireless does the same shortly.
    05-06-2013 12:54 PM
    May 10th, huh? Sounds like they had this planned the entire time.

Well, this renders yet another complaint about the S4 useless, but it'll persist nonetheless. Although maybe we'll switch to something fresh like plastic build quality.
    05-06-2013 01:14 PM
    The people that this affects (people who play a lot of games on their phones) probably wouldn't have bought the 16 GB version anyways. If you've bought a smartphone before, you'd know that you never get the full amount of space as they do tell you that the amount of formatted space is less on the box. It is a few more GBs than normal, but hardly anything to create this much vitriol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    May 10th, huh? Sounds like they had this planned the entire time.

Well, this renders yet another complaint about the S4 useless, but it'll persist nonetheless. Although maybe we'll switch to something fresh like plastic build quality.
    So far it's AT&T only, and the complaint isn't useless. The 16gb still only has half available for the user. But now we have a real answer for the people complaining.

PLAZTIK IS TURIBLE!

:P
    05-06-2013 02:06 PM
    So far it's AT&T only, and the complaint isn't useless. The 16gb still only has half available for the user. But now we have a real answer for the people complaining.

Correct on that!!!
    05-06-2013 02:10 PM

PLAZTIK IS TURIBLE!

:P
    I guess it's only useless when you understand the reasoning behind it, but oh well. Unless they gave exclusivity to AT&T on the 32GB model, the rest is up to the carriers. Though I hear the more popular choice is to blame Samsung.
    05-06-2013 02:42 PM
166 ... 567