Anyone see the Lumia 920 commercial? Lmao

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about the wedding one, yeah I love that commercial. Would I go to WP? If they caught up a bit maybe, I dunno. The 920 is a nice device.

jjthenovice

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Good commercial, LMAO. I had a Samsung Focus (Windows Phone). I loved it, but it wasn't ready for prime time. I think if Microsoft knew how to market a phone and support it, then Android would be in trouble. Remember in the old days VHS vs Beta? Beta was superior but VHS won out because it was marketed better IMHO.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have to say though, when the one woman said "Search: one trick pony" I couldn't help but think to myself "searching for the definition of one trick pony with an iPhone are we? Maybe she should search for the definition of irony while she's at it" lol

Posted via Android Central App

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking that same thing and the fact the actually glorified Samsung and dogged apple with the siri acting stupid and showing off NFC.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Love the commercial. Love Windows phone. That is the kind of marketing that Microsoft and Nokia need if they want to gain market share. Unfortunately it didn't show any of the great qualities of the OS but at least it does get your attention. If the apps ever catch up to Android and iOS I'll give it another shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Making fun of Samsung and Apple owners and telling them to switch? Lol. Out of curiosity would any of you switch??

Great commercial. I find it funny. If Windows phone 8 had the same apps as apple and android. I would be on a Nokia phone posting on a windows site instead of this one. :p

Instead, I'll try an S4 and see how that goes. I'll check Microsofts app selection in 2015 see how it looks then.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
All this commercial shows is how the market it dominated my Apple & android.

It was funny but got pretty dry quickly. Samsung owns Apple, Windows & BlackBerry when it comes to commercials.

Yes, I did try Windows. Picked up the Samsung ATIV S like BlackBerry BB10 (bought the Z10) both fell short. Lack of Apps and I don't even use that much.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Personally I've never used a windows phone (as of late)... How are they (top end phones)? Is the app selection THAT bad?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally I've never used a windows phone (as of late)... How are they (top end phones)? Is the app selection THAT bad?

If you're coming from Android or iOS then yeah its bad. The selection isn't nearly as good as either market.

Posted via Android Central App

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Commercial was great. Ain't nothing wrong with poking a little fun at your competitors. Why Samsung gets criticized and for others its fine?.. I don't know. But it was a very entertaining commercial.

Would I switch? Heck no! I would lose all the things I love about android. Not even a consideration.

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Loved the commercial! " I liked when the guy with the galaxy goes. "Weeeeee", then they immediately start fighting. I switched from the Nokia 920 to the S4. (The 920 is heavy and app selection is pretty dismal.) Camera was nice though...But would I give up my S4? Not a chance.

jarettp

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

i just came from a lumia 920. the phone operated great. the problem with me was the battery and the terrible voice search. my battery wouldn't last until 4pm if I just left it in my pocket and the voice search wouldn't find anything unless you asked it a very specific way. s voice and google now both have it beat. the app selection is pretty bad, especially with google purposely avoiding windows phone support. i love how the phone integrates social network messaging in the text app. I also love how the contacts are integrated with social networks as well. i literally almost never had to use the facebook app because the phone showed my news feed almost perfectly. i just couldn't get past the battery issues.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87