Raw photos too large for text messages?

BKlip

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Having problems texting pics that I'm taking with my S4. Not going through. Assuming the pic is too large by default(?)

I'd hate to have to resize each one, re-save then send.

Anyone having this issue?

(trying to send to an iPhone user, FWIW)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Which messaging app are u using?
It should be able to compress the picture automatically
There have been users having issues sending messages to iPhone users. Most of the problems seems to be with iMessages being turn or, or somehow preventing it from the iPhone getting messages. Have ur friend turn off iMessage. There was another solution dealing with iMessages and sending texts, you could do a search on this forum, or if someone else can shed some light on this problem with iMessages

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
There is a max file size for mms. Some carriers may support more but the least common denominator is officially 300kb. Anything larger than that should be sent via email.

thec75

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi BKlip.
Have you tried sending mms using the default stock messenger on the S4?

I am having the same issue as you are, if I try to send mms using Contacts+, Handcent sms, Go sms etc..., it gets stuck in "sending.."
Using the stock messenger app, I can send mms without any problems.. Strange, and irritating..

br

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It should re-size automatically.
All phones give that message "compressing photo then sending" but it should go through... albeit a lower sized pic as MMS can only send so much.

BKlip

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi BKlip.

I am having the same issue as you are, if I try to send mms using Contacts+, Handcent sms, Go sms etc..., it gets stuck in "sending.."
Using the stock messenger app, I can send mms without any problems.. Strange, and irritating..

br

Seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Hi BKlip.

br

It might be because if you are using a 3rd party messenger, you have to go to settings in the stock messenger and turn OFF "Auto-Retrieve" in the MMS settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87