Why was there no crazy line-ups like the launch of every iPhones?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung tried it, but they still (somewhat shockingly actually) don't have their ducks in a row when it comes to manufacturing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OMG yes, what a colossal fail for Samsung to not "have their ducks in a row" and only be able to manufacture and deliver 10 million S4's in the first month. If they had their stuff together they might have moved 20 million units.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
OMG yes, what a colossal fail for Samsung to not "have their ducks in a row" and only be able to manufacture and deliver 10 million S4's in the first month. If they had their stuff together they might have moved 20 million units.

Its still annoying to see another carrier get the device first and its annoying that no dates are given. Give credit where it is due

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

No. More like, its annoying that Samsung and the carriers announce availability dates, and then because Samsung's manufacturing is not up to par they have to push them back. It happens every year for them. It isn't even about the speed at which they build them, its that Samsung rarely manages to actually get production going, and handsets out to carriers, on time.

Also, before you put in your inevitable jabs: HTC has similar issues. There are few companies other than apple that don't.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you have actual proof of that, I'd love to see it.

Wait. So you have proof that they do intentially limit supply? You asking form proof means nothing if you're not going to back up your assumption with proof anyway.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Wait. So you have proof that they do intentially limit supply? You asking form proof means nothing if you're not going to back up your assumption with proof anyway.

Exactly.....So its a moot point, cancels each other out. Its just an assumption that since some, maybe many companies do it.....why cant Apple? Why is Apple always above doing what other companies do? Because its Apple? No one really knew about poor AT&T online service for ordering phones until Verizon got the iPhone.

Cant find the article about poor AT&T ordering service.....but look at it logically: the iPhone broke launch, sale records on Verizon, Sprint, T Mo......was there many lines for those carriers compared to when the iPhone was exclusive to AT&T?

I have said many times....for some reason Apple is put on such a high pedestal by some ppl. They are just like any company for the most part.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I never claimed that apple does it or didn't do it. I simply pointed out that there is a marketing model based on scarcity. And that companies have been know to do it, which is why the model exists.

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Apple has the iPhone and iPad....they only have one model of each. as far as the notebooks, sorry, just didn't see a difference when I was in the Apple store.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple has the iPhone and iPad....they only have one model of each. as far as the notebooks, sorry, just didn't see a difference when I was in the Apple store.

Pure ignorance. There are three separate models of iPad and three separate models of iPhone, not including the different storage or cellular options.

Last edited:

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Exactly.....So its a moot point, cancels each other out. Its just an assumption that since some, maybe many companies do it.....why cant Apple? Why is Apple always above doing what other companies do? Because its Apple? No one really knew about poor AT&T online service for ordering phones until Verizon got the iPhone.

Cant find the article about poor AT&T ordering service.....but look at it logically: the iPhone broke launch, sale records on Verizon, Sprint, T Mo......was there many lines for those carriers compared to when the iPhone was exclusive to AT&T?

I have said many times....for some reason Apple is put on such a high pedestal by some ppl. They are just like any company for the most part.

So why do you value android? Its just another mobile OS. see where I'm going with this?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Pure ignorance. There are three separate models of iPad and three separate models of iPhone.

Each new iPhone is a successor of the previous version. 3 versions of iPhone are sold concurrently, but there have been 6 iterations of the iPhone. But I believe that what MrBrownstone was trying to say was that Apple has one phone, the iPhone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Each new iPhone is a successor of the previous version. 3 versions of iPhone are sold concurrently, but there have been 6 iterations of the iPhone. But I believe that what MrBrownstone was trying to say was that Apple has one phone, the iPhone.

Except they don't. They have three separate versions, each with different specs and different features. They are three different phones.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to the store to get mine I launch day because I knew everyone else was buying online. There were only two people in line I front of me to get it when I showed up ten minutes before opening. Two others showed up while I was paying for my phone. Painless experience.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
That is an iphone thing. Most Andriod user will do a preorder, and have their phones delivered to them.

Most savvy iPhone buyers purchase online as well. When I went to buy an iPhone 4 on the first day of availability I was number four in line. Pretty much everybody had preordered. I've preordered ever since. And, you have to admit, Apple has the online shipment system down.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So why do you value android? Its just another mobile OS. see where I'm going with this?

No, I dont.....to be honest. I dont see how that relates to my post you were replying to.... For one, I dont place Google or Android on a pedestal like some ppl place the iPhone, iOS, Apple.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Suggesting a conspiracy with no evidence is not on equal logical grounds with the nonexistence of a conspiracy unless you just mean both are possible. Assigning the same probability to each because there is no evidence for either position is not rational, considering one position is a guess pulled out of thin air, the burden of proof is on the position assuming conspiracy exists, with the task being too use evidence to establish probability that is far beyond that of nonexistence and/or coincidence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ericp2011

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with you because that's what I sort of did, I had preordered the S4, when I was called at release date after waiting two long weeks to be told I had to wait a few more days, I cancelled my order and got the HTC One. I sinced returned the HTC One and got the S4, both great phones but I often go through two batteries in a day and that's what did it for me.

decepticlone

May 3, 2013
Visit site
They stand in line for the exact reason Star Wars fans camped out to see the prequels. Both products, in my opinion, are completely lackluster, uninteresting and over-hyped. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa