Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

Andrea Coelho

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
I'm a owner of smartphones a couple of years ago and as for car holders I've been using Brodit brand. My last one was an iPhone and I brought the iPhone proclip that I love very much.
Now I bought the S 4 and I considered buying something else because one reason only. When I go into the car, I have to take the phone out of the case or cover to put it on the holder (since it only fits the iPhone itself, naked).
I need something more practical, something that holds the case or cover that I will buy, something more practical, for instance if I have a silicone case or a s-view Samsung or something similar I don't want to take it off all the time.
So I want suggestions of holders that fit with that kind of cases or covers...
Please share your advices and your products.

Thanks a Lot.

Deiota

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Mountek. $25 shipped.

I love it, perfect location since it's mounted in the CD tray. It's the most secured compared to windshield and vent mounts.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

BarackOdrama

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I use Airframe

I originally bought it for my iPhone 5 but it's spring-loaded so it fits any smartphone. Very minimalistic and simple too use. It also rotates if you prefer to use your phone in landscape.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
1. Register your S4 on Samsung's official website.
2. Wait for your 50% off all accessories under $50 coupon in your email
3. Buy a great car mount that I've used now on 3 Galaxy devices (including Note 2 with a hefty case on it)
4. ???
5. Profit.

Edit: it comes with an official Samsung car charger as well. I stick with official Samsung chargers because I purchased 2 from AT&T and had to have my S3 warranty replaced because of what it did to the micro USB port.

Andrea Coelho

May 18, 2013
Visit site
3. Buy a great car mount that I've used now on 3 Galaxy devices (including Note 2 with a hefty case on it)
4. ???
5. Profit.

I registered my s4 but didn't receive an email with confirmation yet... And a discount either...

Edit: it comes with an official Samsung car charger as well. I stick with official Samsung chargers because I purchased 2 from AT&T and had to have my S3 warranty replaced because of what it did to the micro USB port.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hope I was able to ease the decision making.

Edit: I didn't see your post since it was buried in my quote, but just be patient. With all my Samsung devices it varied how long it took them to send my email. Just nonetheless it's always come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Mountek. $25 shipped.

I love it, perfect location since it's mounted in the CD tray. It's the most secured compared to windshield and vent mounts.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

I have highly considered this. Is there any odd pressure that could damage the CD slot by chance? I doubt it but I figured I'd ask.

I use Airframe

I originally bought it for my iPhone 5 but it's spring-loaded so it fits any smartphone. Very minimalistic and simple too use. It also rotates if you prefer to use your phone in landscape.

I LOVE this. It is a fantastic merge of simplicity, appearance, and functionality. It isn't obtrusive and doesn't have obtrusive ugly "wall" arms. I would have already ordered this the second I read your post, but living in Texas, during the summer my A/C is on 24/7 max in the car. I like it very cold. Probably shouldn't be living here haha :p. Because of this, I'm worried about frigid that vent will make my phone, which I know is bad for it, and vice versa in the rare occasion I use heat. If this could be merged with the CD mount I'd have a winner right now.

4. ???
5. Profit.

Oooh this is nice. I may very well use this, thank you sir! :D My only problem is the heat here in Texas. I don't know how well that's gonna fair on the windshield, plus when driving how hot the phone can get through the window from the sun.

Do elaborate on your warranty though, please. Right now I don't have a dedicated Galaxy car charger, I just use my old iPhone AT&T one that have the usb port on the back, and plug my normal charging cable in. It fills the gap because the girlfriend has an iPhone. Is this okay or do you think the voltage is too high? Thank you though!

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree about the Samsung mount for Galaxy devices. I have it and it will hold a Note II with a case. It will hold your S4 with any case. Plus it comes with a charger with about a 6 foot straight cord. Not the typical spiral cord that you have to stretch. If your worried about heat mount on the driver's side window and turn your side vent to blow on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
elaborate on your warranty though, please. Right now I don't have a dedicated Galaxy car charger, I just use my old iPhone AT&T one that have the usb port on the back, and plug my normal charging cable in. It fills the gap because the girlfriend has an iPhone. Is this okay or do you think the voltage is too high? Thank you though!

I don't worry about the voltage so much. The fact was that the charger from AT&T wasn't fit for the phones micro usb port. It was slightly (and I mean slightly) loose, but over time of unplugging and plugging it back in and tugging on it from taking phone calls with it on eventually messed up the connection inside the micro usb and the phones wouldn't take a charge period.

After having my Note 2, and now my S4, I've only used official Samsung chargers and have yet to have an issue.

Edit: I think you should be fine, btw, as long as you make sure to be careful when plugging in and unplugging the phone. Nothing I'm saying is 100% fact either, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't worry about the voltage so much. The fact was that the charger from AT&T wasn't fit for the phones micro usb port. It was slightly (and I mean slightly) loose, but over time of unplugging and plugging it back in and tugging on it from taking phone calls with it on eventually messed up the connection inside the micro usb and the phones wouldn't take a charge period.

After having my Note 2, and now my S4, I've only used official Samsung chargers and have yet to have an issue.

Edit: I think you should be fine, btw, as long as you make sure to be careful when plugging in and unplugging the phone. Nothing I'm saying is 100% fact either, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Ugh that sounds like a mess I really don't want to deal with..Though now that you say it the OEM Sammy wall/USB charger isn't exactly super snug either for me... It's funny though how hard the AT&T rep tried to push me to buy a charger for the car that day too. I had no intent to because of the car one I had but I'm glad I didn't cave now. I think for good measure I'll probably end up buying a Samsung car charger regardless of the mount I choose. In the occasion the lady friend is in the car I can use my old charger, no biggie.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ugh that sounds like a mess I really don't want to deal with..Though now that you say it the OEM Sammy wall/USB charger isn't exactly super snug either for me... It's funny though how hard the AT&T rep tried to push me to buy a charger for the car that day too. I had no intent to because of the car one I had but I'm glad I didn't cave now. I think for good measure I'll probably end up buying a Samsung car charger regardless of the mount I choose. In the occasion the lady friend is in the car I can use my old charger, no biggie.

Judging from previous encounters with you, I think it's safe to say you're smart enough to figure out on your own if you think your charging port is headed down that road. :) On my end, my Samsung chargers are super snug compared to that garbage that AT&T is selling.

I'm off to bed my friend, I think in the end picking up an OEM charger won't hurt anything. :)

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Judging from previous encounters with you, I think it's safe to say you're smart enough to figure out on your own if you think your charging port is headed down that road. :) On my end, my Samsung chargers are super snug compared to that garbage that AT&T is selling.

I'm off to bed my friend, I think in the end picking up an OEM charger won't hurt anything. :)

Haha, well thank you my friend. :) I mean, it's not oddly loose. It's about as the same as any micro USB I've used before.
Good night sir, I believe I will be making that purchase soon.

Fanline

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys, you're missing many other funny mounting gadgets, like mounting your cellphone on the car headrest or your wrist, allows you take your cellphone anywhere, I bought one on wanpool, it's like a bike mount, but actually can use in car or jogging,wherever.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
iBolt combined with a ProClip mounting solution and a Garmen mounting plate.This will allow you to use the superior ProClip solution along with a holder that adjust to most cases and allows your phone to be charged and audio out at the same time. Depending on where you mount it, you will also be able to record your face for video chat or the road if you like.

Link to iBolt although they sell it here at Android Shop as well.

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL cases: Cell Phones & Accessories

iBOLT xProDock for Samsung with USB Cable - Android Car Kits & Mounts

ProClip Garmen Mount although you could find it cheaper elsewhere, like the actual iBolt site for $10.

Garmin Ball Mount*-*ProClip USA

Then just enter your car information for mounting solution options.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip USA

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
First time I have pasted a link...hope it worked. This is supposed to be iOtti's car mount for galaxy note 2 and s4. It costs $18 on Amazon and is better than the mount offered by Samsung. I have 3 of them and it is the only mount I have found that you can operate with one hand in and out. Placing the phone in the mount activates a spring that closes on the phone. Pressing another button releases the phone in the same hand. Pretty slick operation and makes it very adjustable for phones with cases.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FH716W...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3005714
Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
On my end, my Samsung chargers are super snug compared to that garbage that AT&T is selling.

Must be a case by case thing, because I've had just the opposite experience with my at&t car charger. Tight fit at the port, super fast charging, coiled cable, and an extra USB port for additional devices ... just about a perfect charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa