[VIDEO] Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One - Side by Side Video Comparisons

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
Hey guys...

Here is a little video test that I did. For the HTC One, hardware stabilization was enabled. Software stabilization on the S4 was off due to possible distortion. Quickly looking through the S4 menus, I didn't see any lock focus option. Anyone know if it exists? The HTC One has the option, however it was not turned on.

Other devices I have are the Note 2, iPhone 5, and Optimus G Pro. We can add any of those to the mix. I haven't rendered the Optimus G Pro video, but I did them.

I do want to compare it to the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.

HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4 In Vehicle Video Shootout (side by side, front and rear camera) - YouTube

Software stabilization turned on for the GS4. It doesn't look like it uses the same pan/zoom algorithm as the Optimus G Pro. That device crops the image significantly to give the image a stable appearance with video.

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One Video (Camera Test Number 2 - Stabilization On) - YouTube

On my trip to Colorado I added a low light test. I was pretty drowsy. Just woke up from a rest stop nap!

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One Low Light Video Comparison - YouTube

Tried to let the HTC One redeem itself in the audio department. No cases and subject (me) is in front of the camera. No bouncing the sound off of a windshield. It is definitely quiet than the S4, but turn up the volume and let me know what you think of the quality.

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One Indoor Video Test (no cases, side by side) - YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress