Visit site
If the phone is rooted... goto root > system > media > ui
Under ui , rename the files shutter.ogg to anything eg shutter_no.ogg
do the same for camera...
Reboot....
Voila!!!! No camera sounds...

Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I9500 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using Tapatalk 2

I am not rooted. No intention to root this phone.

The search continues.

Sent via Note II

megovan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried that link to the apk app. It worked on my galaxy s4 but I had to switch back to the s3 and it won't work on the galaxy s3.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx! Also I have Sprint. Looking into switching to tmobile. If anyone has info on that as well I would be very grateful.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Open camera app. Menu key. Settings. Settings tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Shutter sound off. Arr you on the latest update

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Open camera app. Menu key. Settings. Settings tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Shutter sound off. Arr you on the latest update

I think only some carrier versions have this.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Radd3x

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried the app that was linked above on my GS4 and it worked like a charm. Download it, open it, and check the box next to "Disable STREAM_SYSTEM_ENFORCED."

I also want to confirm that the Verizon version of the GS4 (which is the version that I have) doesn't have "Shutter Sound" listed as an option under the camera settings. Hence, the need for the app.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Wait a minute. My s4 doesn't have a shutter sound because I have it in vibrate mode and that turns of any notification sounds even the shutter sound. So why on earth are people download apps for their phone when the shutter sound can be turned off by muting the notifications sounds.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

awlycoris

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
On a samsung S3 how to turn off the shutter sound. I have tried everything and can't get the sound off any help at all would be nice thanks:)

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
One solution I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that should work on all carriers--install a 3rd party camera app and just don't use the original app. They ALL should have the option to silence the shutter sound. There are several in play store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance