Can we take a still shot from video?

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I like trying to catch lightning strikes on camera..... Can we take a still frame from a video and save it like a picture? (I apologize for my lack of camera lingo.... Hope y'all know what I mean)

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If u mean shots after you finish recording a video, u can do a screen capture when u pause the video to the designated spot by holding the home button and pressing the power button

You can also take a picture while u take a video by clicking the camera button while the video is recording

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh..... Didn't think of the first one, and wasn't aware of the second! I really meant something like talking it out of the playback, but I guess the screenshot can be a good replacement for that! Thank you!

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If you have a HTC one yes. Otherwise it's called a screenshot

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try now but I'm pretty sure you can take a picture during playback of a video you recorded with the phone

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can take live snaps during filming a video. That is why the shutter button for the camera is there. You will only see a white border around the frame as the picture is taken, No shutter sound. You can also us an app like frame grabber (paid) to get pictures from a video if you forget to take stills while filming. It is much better than taking a screen shot of a video.