S4 rotates really slow between landscape and portrait while on a webpage

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with the S4 in a Sprint store comparing it to the One and really like it a lot. It kept up with the One in most instances except for the time it takes for the screen to rotate. The One was pretty much instantaneous and the S4 probably took 2-3 seconds which is slower than my current phone. Have you noticed this and if so, figured out how to fix it? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
It's honestly probably slow on purpose that way you don't rotate it accidentally

- VZW GS4 -

Could be, but the One didn't have any rotations on accident. It just seems really slow on the S4. It is worse that the home button delay which is able to be fixed by disabling s-voice.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it on mine and it switched from portrait to landscape instantly when I changed the phone and back again. I have the ATT model.

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it on mine and it switched from portrait to landscape instantly when I changed the phone and back again. I have the ATT model.

That's good to hear. Thanks for trying it out. Maybe it's just the sprint version or because it was the demo?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't even tell a slight difference in screen rotation time between my One and S4. Probably just a result of the demo unit you were using being touched, poked, prodded, and having every app opened and not being rebooted in who knows how long. Definitely shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It checks your eyes and face and rotates accordingly. Doesnt work in low light

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300

nelsondias11

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Really helped me man, I was looking for solution from past 15 days , and this smart screen thing solved it, I have smart rotation enabled and caused all this delay in screen rotation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38