06-21-2013 11:06 AM
239 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I have used the HTC One for 1 week before going back to ATT store and exchange for a GS4.

Reasons being:
    1.I couldn't get enough details on the pictures I take with the One. Most of the photos I take are between 10am and noon somewhere outside, and that's where GS4's 13MP shines. HTC One's 4MP photos also look blurry on my 1440p screen(3.5MP).

2.The larger Screen(13% larger), I prefer AMOLED's more vibrant color as well. The darker black also looks better since I watch videos a lot in dark room or conditions(in a plane). HTC One's smaller screen looks even smaller when surrounded by the wide bezel around it.

3.HTC One's battery life is worse than GS4 from my experience(based on my usage model), most of my screen time are spent watching videos or reading ebooks(Google Play books have black background white text option) which is advantageous to an AMOLED display phone's battery life.

4. For $290 I can get a 16GB GS4, 64GB Samsung Micro SD card(10 year warranty, total of 68G Useable space) & A good case for my S4, while for $300 I can only get a HTC One 64GB(Total of about 55G useable space). Since I need the media storage space for my 50G of video I watch+ Photos/Podcasts/eBooks(need those on the plane so cloud is no go). This is pretty much a no brainer.

5.I prefer GS4's Size(shorter/wider) and button layout(power button on the side instead of top).

Things I still miss from HTC One:

The dual front facing speaker(Samsung need to figure out a way to have this for their next phone, I suggest remove the physical home button and put a speaker there, then enable to ear speaker up top to work for media playback).

Truth be told both are great phones, it just happens GS4 is the better fit for my usage model thus the better phone for me.
    06-19-2013 08:33 AM
    Glad to see this thread is turning into the same thing as all HTC One / S4 threads... Constant oh no your wrong mines better... Then someone saying nu uh mines better... Well ilovephones.com said so!... Oh yeah well ilovephonesbutichoseadifferenttopsmartphone.com says otherwise!

:banghead::rolleyes:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    My favorite post in this thread

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Notsosure likes this.
    06-19-2013 08:36 AM
    My favorite post in this thread

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Oh no, another individual forced to read and participate in this thread! Somebody call the Avengers!
    Oofa, orion575 and Carl Sanchez like this.
    06-19-2013 08:53 AM
    A consumer shouldn't have to examine several of a particular model of a cell phone to pick one that is free of defects. We are not talking about produce or fruit. A manufacturer that produces cell phones that have to be compared side by side to find a defect free one is doing a pretty poor job of quality control. No one, including me, is saying any manufacturer of any product produces a perfect product every time. But that is why manufactures spend millions of dollars on quality control. Shifting that quality control to the guy buying a cell phone at the local store is a pretty shoddy business practice. So when some manufactures and owners praise the build quality of their phone and yet the web is full of reports of poor build quality something is amiss.

As to confusing build quality with build materials: Who did that? If any one is confused here is an example of poor build quality: A priceless diamond falls out of a poorly prepared setting. Here's an example of poor build materials: A glass, faux diamond breaks in a perfectly prepared setting.
    I didn't say they should, nor did I say that a manufacturer makes a phone perfect all the time. I'm agreeing with you. Foreign concept, yes. I said "many people" confuse the two. Hence people praising the phone for being metal over Samsung's plastic. That is build materials, not quality.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    Aquila likes this.
    06-19-2013 08:54 AM

nice job. You seem to have coupled 200% more threads about One X Cracks then Ones. While I would love to sit here and continue to troll with you, I just lost the lust for it. Enjoy good sir

Just skip to 1:30
    06-19-2013 08:56 AM
    nice job. You seem to have coupled 200% more threads about One X Cracks then Ones. While I would love to sit here and continue to troll with you, I just lost the lust for it. Enjoy good sir

( to 1:30)
    Uh, you do know that they are all manufactured by HTC don't you? But you seem to have missed the point, all phones have screens that crack. Your attempt to cite S4 screen cracks as some kind of build quality issue was ludicrous. I'll wait while you find those reports of S4 poor build quality reports. Did you just call yourself a troll, "continue to troll with you"?
    06-19-2013 09:05 AM
    Uh, you do know that they are all manufactured by HTC don't you? But you seem to have missed the point, all phones have screens that crack. Your attempt to cite S4 screen cracks as some kind of build quality issue was ludicrous. I'll wait while you find those reports of S4 poor build quality reports. Did you just call yourself a troll, "continue to troll with you"?
    Yea, we are both trolling. I really don't care who thinks what is better, but your extreme fascination with attempting to make sure everyone agrees with your opinion on S4 vs One is troll-educing. The screen cracking issue is an issue. Meh, read what you want. screens crack when mishandled, S4 screens crack when they want to.
    06-19-2013 09:08 AM
    Yea, we are both trolling. I really don't care who thinks what is better, but your extreme fascination with attempting to make sure everyone agrees with your opinion on S4 vs One is troll-educing. The screen cracking issue is an issue. Meh, read what you want. screens crack when mishandled, S4 screens crack when they want to.
    I thought you lost your lust or something like that. Not responding to my points and making ad hominem attacks isn't adding to the discussion. How about the fact that screen cracking is endemic to all smart phones? Contrary to your earlier post trying to associate cracked screens with S4 build quality you have to agree that any smart phone screen can crack. To say otherwise might leave the wrong impression in the mind of a potential S4 or HTC ONE buyer.

BTW accusing me of trolling is against the forum rules.
    Carl Sanchez likes this.
    06-19-2013 09:14 AM
    Your attempt to cite S4 screen cracks as some kind of build quality issue was ludicrous.
    But when you cite defective One units as build quality issues, it's perfectly fine, right?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    robstunner and AngelArs like this.
    06-19-2013 09:18 AM
    To say otherwise might leave the wrong impression in the mind of a potential S4 or HTC ONE buyer.

BTW accusing me of trolling is against the forum rules.

Ok, so your banter with links about HTC One's build quality might leave the wrong impression, but the numerous posts of non "tramatic" screen cracking to the S4 is blasphemy? Dear God man. My HTC One is PERFECT, does that mean that I have some magical device that was dropped from heaven?
    06-19-2013 09:37 AM
    But when you cite defective One units as build quality issues, it's perfectly fine, right?

You don't seem to understand. I'm saying a broken screen is not a build quality issue, it is a user issue. The items I cited in post # 48 are not user caused defects they come from the factory that way. Now unless you think an owner breaking his phone's screen is a build quality issue you will have to agree with me.
    06-19-2013 09:37 AM
    Ok, so your banter with links about HTC One's build quality might leave the wrong impression, but the numerous posts of non "tramatic" screen cracking to the S4 is blasphemy? Dear God man. My HTC One is PERFECT, does that mean that I have some magical device that was dropped from heaven?
    My posts were items posted by HTC ONE owners not my opinions. If you take the time to search for S4 build quality issues you will find few. If you search for HTC ONE build quality issues you will find many. A potential buyer could use that information to make an informed buying decision. I doubt you would buy a widget simply because one person said theirs was perfect. I assume you would research the widget to discover if it had quality or performance issues. Buying a phone because one persons says "My HTC One is PERFECT" is silly.

BTW why did you say this about your perfect phone? "My biggest problem is system and kernel usage, it's always sitting at ~20% and I don't know how to fix it. My s4 is around 3% "
    06-19-2013 09:46 AM
    They have far surpassed Apple at this stage.
    At least until their update...

No phone is really king these days for more than 6 months.
    06-19-2013 09:46 AM
    You don't seem to understand. I'm saying a broken screen is not a build quality issue, it is a user issue. The items I cited in post # 48 are not user caused defects they come from the factory that way. Now unless you think an owner breaking his phone's screen is a build quality issue you will have to agree with me.
    When the screen breaks so easily, it's a build quality issue. As already suggested, watch the following video. Skip to 1:30.

Just skip to 1:30
    06-19-2013 09:48 AM
    S4 screens crack when they want to.
    ...and plastic warps and melts in the sun...

Plastic is for toys.
    06-19-2013 09:51 AM
    When the screen breaks so easily, it's a build quality issue. As already suggested, watch the following video. Skip to 1:30.

Ha ha ha! Yeah that's a good example. Not. do you seriously sit around and flex your phone that way? I didn't see any screen breakage in that video what point are you trying to make. Citing screen breakage as a build defect then providing a video that doesn't show screen breakage is bizarre.
    06-19-2013 09:56 AM
    ...and plastic warps and melts in the sun...

Plastic is for toys.
    Yeah, like Corvettes.
    06-19-2013 09:59 AM
    Oh no, another individual forced to read and participate in this thread! Somebody call the Avengers!

Oh we aren't forced.. I just like to read the forums and I go from the top down. Usually there is interesting discussion and then sometimes it's just a flame war. I can still disagree with it.. Simply take your own advice don't read my post if you don't like it .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    06-19-2013 10:12 AM
    Yeah, like Corvettes.
    Apparently you don't know the difference between plastic and fiberglass.

If the plastic body of the s4 wasn't a problem, then why is it that Samsung is planning on using a "HTC One style metal body" for the new upcoming s5? Oh... Got 'cha there huh hotshot?

Google s4 defective screen. You'll find plenty of reports of dead pixels and off colors of the s4 screen. You'll also find plenty of reports of defective microphones. The list goes on.
    return_0 and robstunner like this.
    06-19-2013 10:12 AM
    Ha ha ha! Yeah that's a good example. Not. do you seriously sit around and flex your phone that way? I didn't see any screen breakage in that video what point are you trying to make. Citing screen breakage as a build defect then providing a video that doesn't show screen breakage is bizarre.
    He didn't break the screen because he doesn't want a broken S4. If you watched the video, you would notice that he was only applying 50% pressure and that he said if he applied more the S4 would break (while the One didn't). If the S4 breaks far easier than the One, it means it has inferior build quality. If you refuse to accept that, all of your points about the One mean nothing.

06-19-2013 10:19 AM
    Apparently you don't know the difference between plastic and fiberglass.

If the plastic body of the s4 wasn't a problem, then why is it that Samsung is planning on using a "HTC One style metal body" for the new upcoming s5? Oh... Got 'cha there huh hotshot?

Google s4 defective screen. You'll find plenty of reports of dead pixels and off colors of the s4 screen. You'll also find plenty of reports of defective microphones. The list goes on.
    We're going to argue over plastic and fiberglass???? Good lord, it was a joke. Goodbye.
    06-19-2013 10:21 AM
    I would report the person who is forcing you read the posts in this thread to the authorities immediately!
    You're just asking for a fight now. Replying sarcastically and rudely to a person with a legitimate concern about the level of hostility in this thread is just wrong.

06-19-2013 10:22 AM
    We're going to argue over plastic and fiberglass???? Good lord, it was a joke. Goodbye.
    Hmm... what about the other legitimate points in his comment?

06-19-2013 10:23 AM
    We're going to argue over plastic and fiberglass????
    Yeah, don't let the facts get in your way.
    06-19-2013 10:33 AM
    So I guess that about sums it up. If you want a well built, highly supported, latest operating systemed, easily repairable, expanded memoried, removable and long lasting batteried phone the S4 is for you.
    06-19-2013 10:42 AM
239 ... 23456 ...