Which Spigen GLAS.t would you chose?

Which GLAS.t screen protector?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dakhath

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that I want one of the GLAS.t screen protectors for my S4.
However, I can't decide on which one I want the most. :-\
I am leaning towards the GLAS.t NANO SLIM.
I just like how thin it is and that I still retain that slick glass touch.
I hate the resistance that a plastic screen protector provides. It just feels cheap.
I could never get used to it and would just rip it off the phone.

So my question is this:
Since all three are the same price which one would you chose and why?

GLAS.t SLIM
GLAS.tR SLIM
GLAS.t NANO SLIM

If it makes any difference, I already have a case on my phone and that is the SEIDIO ACTIVE which I have been using on my phones various for the past four+ years.

Thanks for the advice in advance. :D

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been eyeballing the Nano Slim as well. It was recently released so I am holding off until someone here has gotten one and can provide feedback on it. I have seen the T Slim and case used by another member and he likes the combination. I did contact Spigen and all their cases are compatible with the Glas.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Naked - GLAS.tR SLIM 0.4mm

Cased - GLAS.t NANO SLIM 0.15mm

The edges are the Achilles Heel of all tempered protectors.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
They're not all the same price.

The Glas.t Slim, the one I bought, is $7.00 cheaper than the other two.

I bought mine before the Nano came out, but still would buy the Glas.t Slim.

John

TreeSpooner

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the GLAS.t Nano Slim on my S4 today and I can't imagine ever using a regular plastic screen protector again. I was on the fence about the other GLAS.t models due to reviews saying that it added weight and were a bit thick. When I saw the Nano I knew I had to try it. It is so thin you hardly notice it. It really does resist fingerprints and is completely clear. The installation took me a little bit of time to get it just right, but that is only b/c I wanted it perfect. For those who are afraid of screwing up the install on such an expensive item...it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to screw up. It took me at least 8 attempts to get it just right and to remove any specs of dust. The 2 hours later I STILL wasn't satisfied so I must have taken it off an placed it another 10 times. It did not affect the stickiness at all. In fact I just used a piece of tape to remove any randome pieces of dust that found its way onto the screen during install. This is unlike any screen protector I've ever used and I am quite satisfied.

Also it is so thin that there is no need for rounded edges. You can hardly tell it's on.

If you have any specific questions just let me know!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the GLAS.t Nano Slim on my S4 today and I can't imagine ever using a regular plastic screen protector again. I was on the fence about the other GLAS.t models due to reviews saying that it added weight and were a bit thick. When I saw the Nano I knew I had to try it. It is so thin you hardly notice it. It really does resist fingerprints and is completely clear. The installation took me a little bit of time to get it just right, but that is only b/c I wanted it perfect. For those who are afraid of screwing up the install on such an expensive item...it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to screw up. It took me at least 8 attempts to get it just right and to remove any specs of dust. The 2 hours later I STILL wasn't satisfied so I must have taken it off an placed it another 10 times. It did not affect the stickiness at all. In fact I just used a piece of tape to remove any randome pieces of dust that found its way onto the screen during install. This is unlike any screen protector I've ever used and I am quite satisfied.

Also it is so thin that there is no need for rounded edges. You can hardly tell it's on.

Thanks for the info - are you using a case?

TreeSpooner

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info - are you using a case?

You're welcome! Yes, I am using the Spigen Ultra Air Thin Transparent Case. I wanted a truly naked feel for my S4, but still have some protection. It fits perfectly with screen protector, but then again it is so thin I can't imagine any of Spigen's cases not fitting with it.

Warblade

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the review TreeSpooner. Did you install the aluminum button cover things? Or is the Nano Slim thin enough that you can still press the home button without any issues?

TreeSpooner

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No problem! The Nano came with the jelly home button cover, which I ended up using. Unlike the thicker tempered glass screen protectors, the home button is more or less flush with the Nano, as opposed to recessed. So you could get away with not using the button cover if you wanted to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site

I want to believe you so bad because I'm anal retentive myself, but have a hard time wrapping my head around how you could possibly remove and re-install that protector 8 times without #1 breaking the glass & #2 the final install looking like ****. Please explain.

TreeSpooner

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to believe you so bad because I'm anal retentive myself, but have a hard time wrapping my head around how you could possibly remove and re-install that protector 8 times without #1 breaking the glass & #2 the final install looking like ****. Please explain.

Lol...I don't blame you! After I installed it the first time I was so upset because I got a finger smudge on the corner. I was panicking thinking I had just wasted my money! I used the small alcohol pad it came with to clean it and I still thought it was ruined. I figured I'd just keep going with the install and within a few minutes that smudge had dried and was completely gone (and still had the adhesive on it).

I took scotch tape and made a little loop with the adhesive side on the outside. I ran that across the screen saver any time I noticed dust during my multiple reinstalls. I am such a damn perfectionist that I even took it off and readjusted it two hours later when I found an annoying spec.

Also, even though it is glass, it is still a bit flexible because it is so thin. I was careful when lifting the corners to peel it off.

Lol...I promise I am not exaggerating :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress