Samsung Music on My Lock Screen - How to remove it?

Tom Mighell

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having an issue with Samsung Music and my lock screen. I opened it once, checked it out, and now it randomly pops up on my lock screen, and won't go away - in Settings on the Lock Screen Widgets page, the option for "Favorite Apps or Camera" is OFF, and greyed out. So I can't figure out why it's there, and why I can't remove it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom :confused:

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
When you pull down the drop down menu, is the app showing there? If so, there should be an 'x' to close the program.

Posted via Android Central App

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Open the music app then hit menu and choose End

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

dava

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem, its also not open or running in the multi task menu or running apps menu, i have had to restart the phone to get rid of it from the lock screen very anoying!

bri637

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I too am having the same problem ever since applying the 4.3 update on my phone last night. It would appear in my lock screen and I'd close the app, only for it to reappear a few minutes later. I finally went into the Application manager, found the Music app, tapped Turn Off and so far it seems to have done the trick.

elijoh

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
This is happening to me too and it's super annoying. I never play music on my phone yet the samsung music player is always open on the lock screen and sometimes on the pull down menu. I know how to end it, but I don't want it showing up in the first place. Anybody??

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Waken the screen but don't unlock it. Swipe down the lock screen widget (whether it be the music player or clock) it will drag down and become a menu of some sort. Then just long press on the music widget, and drag to the 'remove' at the top

That, or, do the same swipe down from the widget, and look at the very bottom. There will be a page indicator for however many you have. My problem with the music player was that it was set to the 'home' lock screen. I simply just changed the home lock screen back to the clock, and left the music on the side

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

NHmusic

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Found a solution! Go to settings>application manager, select the music app, then click TURN OFF. It should be removed from your lock screen!

Paul Dubai

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Note 3 in Dubai two weeks ago and I have the same issue. The app appears randomly and even if I hit x it reappears. To cap it all, Music then starts randomly. What can I do??

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Often these sort of issues can be fixed by clearing data for the program that is causing you trouble. That basically resets it to the state it was in before you somehow activated it.

Go into system settings.

Click on the tab that says "More"

Click on "application manager"

Scroll down to "Music"

Click on it.

Click on "Clear Data"

Randall Bratton

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hitting the X only turns it off temporarily. It comes back the next time the lock screen appears.

Paul's solution works. But what if someone wants to keep the music app, and just not have it on the Lock screen? This does not seem possible, or they made it difficult to do. Under the "Lock Screen" page in settings, there is an option that says "Favorite Apps." This is On, and is grayed out, so it cannot be turned off or configured.

Last edited:

Martlark

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Open settings. Search for apps. Open apps. Find Samsung music. Tap. Go down and tap more settings. Disable control using lock screen. Disable music with screen off. Should fix it

Last edited: