I need an honest, unbiased opinion here

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I looked at review videos and sites.

I played bought the S4 the day it was released.

2 weeks later my wife got the HTC One.

Having used both phones, I had I chosen the One over the S4 I don't think I would have regretted it.
I went for the SD card and removable battery basically.

The only phone I wish I knew about and maybe would have waited for is the LG Optimus G Pro. In the end though, the LG being 5.5 inches might not have made the cut for me.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
S4 has unquestionably better battery life and has one of the best speakerphones that I have ever heard (if using the phone matters to you).

Obviously, if you put a case (even a slim tpu) on any device, it will be durable.

S4 has a bigger screen too, so for bigger fingers, that is significant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Blackberry user myself, but I have had the opportunity to try out the S4 and it's pretty nice. At least with the S4 you can add an SD card, the HTC you can't. That would be a deal breaker with me for any phone. The battery is almost the same in both 2600/S4 and 2300/HTC.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Iphone 5 to get the S4. Does that tell you something? The S4 is now very much better than the IP5. It has a beautiful screen, super processor, removable battery and MicroSD card. I really like my S4.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
It's one of the best phone available right now. I only chose the s4 over the One because it was more powerful and I like to game on my phone. It depends on how you use your phone really.

Sent from my GT-I9500

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Use your upgrade on the S4 then buy a contract free One on EBay and use both! I picked up a brand new stealth black One for only $495.00. Seems the market is way down on the One.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Is this phone really the phone to buy? I've been torn between this and the HTC One for weeks now. People (as in general users) got so caught up in the commercials that they didn't do any research. Help!

Well, what do you mean by unbiased? :) I researched this carefully before I bought the S4. I'm delighted with it. You can find this debate raging over the forum--pick a thread.

If one concedes that its oft-mentioned competitor, the HTC One, is a serious competitor, what it easily came down to for me is the availability of an SD card slot and removable batteries. The way these high tech phones can chew up batteries can be scary if you are using them intensively. Having the ability to pop in a spare is great. Knowing that if you run a battery down constantly and ruin its life, it's just a cheap replacement, rather than sending the phone to the factory...and the nice big screen size. I love Samsung's many features, but for me screen size, battery and SD Card slot are the 3 most important issues.

So all other things aside, those are deal breakers for me and make the S4 far more functional. If you don't care, it's a harder choice no doubt.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is this phone really the phone to buy? I've been torn between this and the HTC One for weeks now. People (as in general users) got so caught up in the commercials that they didn't do any research. Help!
Get the device that fits you -- both are great phones and you probably can't go wrong with either one.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Use your upgrade on the S4 then buy a contract free One on EBay and use both! I picked up a brand new stealth black One for only $495.00. Seems the market is way down on the One.

yep, in a few months I should be able to get a even trade for my iphone 5.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC One and I love it. A small part of me still wants to try the s4 and I'm sure I will sometime soon, but when I went to meet a guy to trade a week ago, I couldn't do it. I saw how cluttered the UI was compared to Sense 5 and I couldn't give it up yet. I know you can install launchers, install custom roms, blah blah blah. But the most I do is root my phone, flash a rom that's based on stock so I still have all the original functionality of the phone. I don't use launchers, but Sense 5 just seems perfect right now. And I love Blinkfeed. It cures my boredom when I have a few minutes to catch up on whatever lol. I've used the s3 the Note 2 and the iPhone 5 this year, I think I just needed a break from Touchwiz and Sense 5 was the perfect break for now :) And battery life is amazing...I unplugged at 6 am and I'm at 63% with moderate-heavy usage :)

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check out HTC's financial situation right now. They are in trouble. If you are looking for long term support and rapid updates I'd look somewhere other than HTC.

HTC Q1 2013 financial results: 98% drop in profit, almost 50% drop in revenue - Neowin

This article is 2 months old,like has been said try both see which one fits your needs do not listen to replies like this HTC is not going anywhere,both phones have pluses and minuses.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This article is 2 months old,like has been said try both see which one fits your needs do not listen to replies like this HTC is not going anywhere,both phones have pluses and minuses.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

How about these two "recent" stories?

"Taipei, June 30 (CNA) Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp. continued to lose ground in the United States to competitors, including Apple Inc.'s iPhone and Samsung Electronics Co.'s Galaxy phones, according to data from research firm comScore. Taoyuan, Taiwan-based HTC saw its market share decline to 8.7 percent in the three months ending in May from 9.3 percent in the previous period ending in February, comScore said in a report released on June 28."

"HTC Corp. (2498) sank 3.4 percent in Taipei. The company?s sales last month may have fallen between 14 percent and 20 percent from the previous month on weaker sales of its HTC One model, the Commercial Times reported. Two phone calls to Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialin?s office went unanswered."
JCI Slides as Most Asia Indices Make Gains - The Jakarta Globe

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
How can anyone help you if you don't tell us how you plan to use the phone, or what features you need?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasia40