islamic calender in s planner

andygray

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's so strange. For example, it shows that Ramadan is on this month and it puts a big orange stripe through my entire month's calendar and there is no way to get rid of it. The only thing I can think of is that I purchased this phone from Kogan.com.au which is a grey importer. Perhaps the specific version of S planner that this phone was shipped with was intended for islamic countries (But would an islamic person really need a reminder for when ramadan is on??)

In the settings for S Planner, there is a section called "Islamic calendar options" but it only lists options about Hijri dates adjustments and adjustments to the Ramadan start and end date. No option to turn off the Islamic calendar options.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Should I do something drastic like root my phone and uninstall S Planner and then re-install it from somewhere?

Samsung, help please!!

- Andy

barimds

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, did you check the calendar option in settings of s planner?

un check all except my calendar.
Try the result - and keep updated

andygray

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
barimds, thanks for the reply. I unchecked every calendar except "My calendars" but the big red "Ramadan" even is still streaking through my calendar.

Here are some screen shots to show you what I'm talking about:
cal1.png

cal2.png

cal3.png

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to your account on Google and check the calendars there. I had added a holiday calendar and had all kind of stuff all over my calenders for every holiday conceivable. Deleted that on Google and got rid of all of it! Those entries could have come with an app you downloaded. Check any app that is calender related!

maria stafford

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
did you get a reply that works? under my calendar settings I see 'Islamic calendar options' but nothing I do gets rid of the Ramadan entry - there is no option for deleting islamic options. Help!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I started getting that crap on my calendar a while back. I deleted the last few apps I had installed and it went away! Sorry I can't remember what apps I uninstalled!

Old Basing Bloke

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
02 November 15 - I have an S5 with the same problem. I have contacted the Samsung helpdesk with an e-mail, which has been acknowledged, but no solution so far. If I get anything useful, I will post it.

08 November 15 - Samsung replied and asked for all my device details, where I purchased it, and if it was brand new when I got it. I sent them screenshots of my device details as well as screenshots of the Muslim options and of the months with the Ramadan bar through the relevant days. I also gave them my purchase details. Let's see what they come up with, but I will not be holding my breath.

Last edited:

Old Basing Bloke

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
06 December 15 – Well I didn’t get any useable advice from Samsung, except they say that as my phone is a grey import and produced for a Muslim country that is why it has the embedded Muslim calendar.

So That is the down side, but I have found an app that is, I believe better and has pretty much all the same facilities as S Planner minus the indelible Muslim entries. As soon as I loaded it, all my appointments birthdays etc. from S Planner had been transferred across. There is a short tutorial, which only takes a couple of minutes and it is worthwhile doing to save a bit of time in the long run. I have only just installed it and I am still learning to drive it, but what I have seen so far really impresses me. My only criticism so far is that I haven’t managed to find a way of simply typing in a date I want to go to, I had to scroll through the long way, but it may be there, I will keep looking.

The application is called aCalendar and aCalandar+, I was so impressed with the Lite version, I bought the + version, at £2.99, as it includes a task planner. You can open the app from the usual shortcut logo route as required, but you can also load it from your widgets list and have your aCalendar open on your home screen all the time, the same as you could with S Planner.

I hope this is useful to other Grey Imported S5 owners, if I find any “Gems” or annoying glitches as I use it, I will post them.

Old Basing Bloke

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
07 December 15 – I found a solution to the criticism I made in my previous post; how to quickly set or go to a date. First open the goto date from the top menu, or prepare to enter a birthday or anniversary by long touching a day you choose. The goto date will bring up the search calendar window immediately, while the birthday needs a few more simple touches to bring up the input page, with that up just touch the date shown, and the same search window appears. Touch the year in the blue screen and you get a scrollable column of dates; you can spin these dates from 1900 to 2101 in seconds. I am pleased the designers had included this facility. Like I said in my previous post; I am still learning to drive it, but I still think it’s the best.

Davedeos

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I started getting that crap on my calendar a while back. I deleted the last few apps I had installed and it went away! Sorry I can't remember what apps I uninstalled!

I have a new phone with no apps that I can delete so sadly this isn't a valid option for me. Has anyone else got any ideas. Can't believe Samsung can't sort this out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress