How to activate car mode with a car mount?

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased an iOttie Car Mount for my S4. How can I easily set it so that my phone automatically goes into drive/car mode when I get into my car, or starts up DailyRoads Voyager so I can use my phone as a camera black box? I have Tasker installed if I can use that any type of way. With my old phone, it would go into Car Mode whenever I plugged in the car charger, which is the ideal solution, however I don't know how to let the phone know when I'm plugging in my regular charger vs a car charger. Thanks for any help.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not super familiar with how the car mode works, so there may be an easier way, but the most common ways to tell Tasker that you're in the car are by connecting to a specific Bluetooth device or via an NFC tag. The latter requires you to unlock your phone, IIRC, so it's probably not an ideal solution.

You might be able to get creative and find some way to let your phone assume you're charging in your car. For example, if the only other time you ever charge is at home you can have it assume that if you're charging and not at home (i.e. not connected to your home WiFi) then you're in your car. You just need to find something about being in your car that your phone can sense. I think people have even used magnetic mounts and then used a combination of the reading of the magnetometer in the phone and being plugged into external power.

There's also an AutoLocation plugin for Tasker that apparently has a way to tell if you're in a vehicle or not, but I have no idea how well it works:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ocation&feature=also_installed&token=gYzG3F3I

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to have it automatically connect to a bluetooth device? My radio has bluetooth audio, but I always have to open a connection and manually connect my phone to it.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to have it automatically connect to a bluetooth device? My radio has bluetooth audio, but I always have to open a connection and manually connect my phone to it.
Unfortunately I don't have any Bluetooth devices that I've tried pairing with my phone so I'm not sure. Sorry. :(

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I recently purchased an iOttie Car Mount for my S4. How can I easily set it so that my phone automatically goes into drive/car mode when I get into my car, or starts up DailyRoads Voyager so I can use my phone as a camera black box? I have Tasker installed if I can use that any type of way. With my old phone, it would go into Car Mode whenever I plugged in the car charger, which is the ideal solution, however I don't know how to let the phone know when I'm plugging in my regular charger vs a car charger. Thanks for any help.

If your car mount has a charger built-in to it, then usually it will ask you the first time you plug it in if you default to a "car mode" app, however it appears as though this mount simply uses a standard car charger, so I'm not sure how exactly to do that...

Does your car have phone bluetooth setup? If so that should connect automatically when you start the car, and could be used a queue for tasker to enable car mode...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89