Galaxy S4 overheating - Does software update help?

s4user1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys .my s4(i9500) is heating .i bought it 6 days ago. The service center told me that's a software problem . Did anyone tried updating the software in the service center. And did it really helped ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I will say this. Last night (post update) I was playing Beach Buggy Blitz for a good 1/2 hour and using Spare Phone (VOIP) simultaneously. I was worried that my battery was going to be 100F plus. I checked the temp and it was only at 89 degrees. I was blown away. After 10 minutes of Beach Buggy Blitz or Homerun Battle on my previous phones I was easily in the 100's.

snickelo

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problems a few times in the last several days. The first time I really noticed it was three days ago when I was at the beach and the phone became uncomfortably hot in my pocket. It wasn't charging and I had barely been using it at all. It got rather hot yesterday when I was about one minute into a phone call. I've also been having charging issues, if anyone has any thoughts on that. Posted a thread but I don't believe they've put it up yet. It's frequently been saying it's charging but just stagnating at the same battery percentage, or beeping at me repeatedly saying it's connecting and disconnecting. My roommate got the same phone one day before me from a different Sprint store and has been having the exact same issues. She also had a small clear strip with panels fall out of the charging port last night. Somehow that seemed to help her phone recognize the charger.... I've seen another user say that a piece in the charging port is supposed to be centered and that if it's angled more towards the bottom of the opening (like ours appear to be) it could cause charging problems. At this point I hate the phone and am almost ready to go raise hell and demand an iPhone 5 or something. Any thoughts?

picthis

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
love to know what happened. had my galaxy 4s 2 days, couldn't get emails to work, they replaced the phone new. worked great for a week i loaded Jelly Bean app last night now the battery is dying and phone is very hot when charging. Verizon said most likely a defective battery and is shipping it overnight . I think the Jelly Bean screwed it up.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
love to know what happened. had my galaxy 4s 2 days, couldn't get emails to work, they replaced the phone new. worked great for a week i loaded Jelly Bean app last night now the battery is dying and phone is very hot when charging. Verizon said most likely a defective battery and is shipping it overnight . I think the Jelly Bean screwed it up.

It seems more likely that Verizon is correct, that it's a defective battery. You'll know soon either way.