Best buy messed up my Samsung S4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's how I feel about it too, however multiple chances were given and my patience is growing thin. Apparently the only way they will listen is with money at stake.

Just got off the phone with the adjuster claiming he needed to speak with staff because this was all suspicious. Of course employees will lie to save their own hides, so I don't think this is looking good.

Either way I have my paperwork in order.

The insurer will take care of you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Insurance has resolved the issue after some heated arguments that led to me having to go to court. I decided to call again today to try to give them a last try before I submitted the small claims, now with cool heads. Not going back to Best Buy, but at least they did resolved it to my satisfaction.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is why I do my own phones.. If it gets messed up its my fault.. I don't trust the goons at stores... Most usually have no idea what they are doing.

Glad your issue was fixed though.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 5 year old Australian Shepherd and she has more tech knowledge than anyone I have dealt with on the GEEK SQUAD. GEEK SQUAD are just people that could not get a job at Radio Shack.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
+1

If they installed it, they should take care of it. The issue in this case isn't BestBuy/GS, it's the ***** making the call to not replace the phone. This is typically due to basically having no idea how to handle this type of issue, which IMO is basically just take care of the customer.

Lol. Yeah they are not the brightest bulbs.

It sounds to me like the liquid from the screen protector seeped into your phone somehow, through the front. The water damage indicators are in the back of the device nowhere near the screen. Really they should have been held liable, had you gone to a smaller store, that isn't a corporation you may have seen better results. You would think these people would have at least some ethics and morals.

This makes me feel even worse about wanting to join gs after I get my degree. And really whoever applied it should either pay to have it replaced or be fired.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

I have a 5 year old Australian Shepherd and she has more tech knowledge than anyone I have dealt with on the GEEK SQUAD. GEEK SQUAD are just people that could not get a job at Radio Shack.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The first mistake was putting zagg on gorilla glass 3 period. Unless you're taking 100 grit sand paper to your phone you simply do not need it. I'm almost 3 months into ownership of my S4, with not a scratch or blemish on the screen with NO screen protector.
If your that paranoid about scratching your screen put the phone in a Otterbox Defender case and you'll be good to go. It will feel like you have a brick in your pocket but your phone will be well protected front and back.
Your second mistake was letting Best Buy apply ANYTHING to your phone except their warranty. If you have that you should be golden. If you don't have their warranty program.. oops, bad on you !
Good luck getting things straightened out though, best wishes.

Posted via Android Central App on my Galaxy S4

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
The first mistake was putting zagg on gorilla glass 3 period. Unless you're taking 100 grit sand paper to your phone you simply do not need it. I'm almost 3 months into ownership of my S4, with not a scratch or blemish on the screen with NO screen protector.
If your that paranoid about scratching your screen put the phone in a Otterbox Defender case and you'll be good to go. It will feel like you have a brick in your pocket but your phone will be well protected front and back.
Your second mistake was letting Best Buy apply ANYTHING to your phone except their warranty. If you have that you should be golden. If you don't have their warranty program.. oops, bad on you !
Good luck getting things straightened out though, best wishes.

Posted via Android Central App on my Galaxy S4

My screen has scratches already. Not sure what people are on when they talk glass. Its no better than properly surface treated glass with a coating. It is easy to scratch.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My screen has scratches already. Not sure what people are on when they talk glass. Its no better than properly surface treated glass with a coating. It is easy to scratch.

Mine has too. But very minor and can only be seen if I tilt my phone in the light a certain way. But still a scratch. Ended up paying 25 bucks for the ghost tempered glass by mime. I love it. Works perfectly. There is no compromise to the touch sensitivity either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site

So...? The case is resolved? Sorry, I am confused by your previous post.

Posted via Android Central App

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Protect everything. Anything else is ignorance. People claim to have a scratch free device after months of use 'naked.' They must be oblivious as I've seen micro scratches within a day or two.

Dry screen protector day one. Replace it every couple months. They are less than a dollar and affect nothing.

xchampx13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the guy at the radioshack I bought my zagg install it there. He says he did multiple a day and knew exactly what to do 0 issues with it for the few months I've had it on so far. Sad about the best buy geek squad guys really...

Sent from my SPH-L720

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Best buy sucks, never go there for anything. Also the spray that zagg uses is non conductive so it should cause any problems, That is if it's uses how it's supposed to be uses. If u were to pour it in the phone then it would cause problems.

from what ever phone I feel like using today

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Those aren't scratches on the glass, they're scratches on the oleo phobic coating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress