getting the galaxy s4 early August i hope

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok I love the features of the s4, here is some questions I have for current owners
1. Hows the sound when playing music through the speaker.
2. How is that remote feature (can I do It with out being detected *I have family members that have the tv loud* some info on setting up the remote would be nice
3.will the remote affect the other remote. And can I use it with any tv it will be used on 2 tvs but I will have extra for when I go somewhere
4. Cracked screen is it like the galaxy s3?
5. Same with the sd card ^
6. Cases-I have otter box defender and put that case in general through some stuff had the lower section break (iphone 4s) on tile, no cracks on the phone. got a ballistic case ( on the galaxy s3 now and hate it (bought it when I got the phone they didnt have otter box and it cost the same) typing sucks compared to the defender... so with that being said lets here some pros and cons.. *i dont care about the thickness* (it just has to protect the phone (5ft drop on a hard surface has to preform well typing, screen protection i dont want to buy a screen protector) my phone looks like new almost..(becasue of the otter box and i had dropped it on the hard ground, concrete, etc)
7. I had a thread about this and didn't get much info

Thank yall

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
1. Sound pretty much comparable to the s3 (IMO). I had the One before I traded it for the s4 and the sound on that beast was awesome! But I listen to music through headphones or through my car so I can't say I've played around with it too much.
2. You can use the remote on any TV. I have it set up to show the show times, etc for the TV at my home, but I can use it at work or anyones house to flip through the channels or adjust volume, etc. You don't need to specially set up the remote like I had to do with the One. There may have been a way to bypass that on the One, but I'm not 100% positive. When you use it on a TV, it shows that you are changing channels or adjusting volume just like when you use a standard remote.
3. It doesn't affect the other remote. It just controls the TV like any other normal universal remote.
4. I never cracked the screen on my s4 or on my s3 when I had it? So I can't really comment on this one. But I have dropped both phones a ton and never broke or scratched it :) But both phones have always been in a case.
5. I haven't had problems with the SD card in either phone. Currently rocking the s4 with a 32gb card that came with it.
6. My favorite go to cases are the Speck CandyShell and the Speck CandyShell Grip. I looked at Otterbox, but couldn't justify putting it in a Defender and the Commuters at the store weren't very pretty (I am a girl, I like my phone to be pretty).

But IMO, if you enjoyed the s3 you will enjoy the s4. I had the One and loved it, but it was lacking all of the silly Sammy gestures. I never knew how much I loved being able to take a screen shot with my hand or now the air gestures are pretty nifty. I know I won't use them every day, but being able to show off is always a little cool when you family likes to rock the iPhones haha. And the removable battery is something I really missed with the One. It seems like I'm constantly on the go and I couldn't swap out the battery on the One. Yes, I guess I could have gotten a Mophie case for it, but I liked the case I was using lol. With the s4, I have a spare battery in my purse all the time now. Now whether I need it or not since my battery lasts me pretty much all day is another question. But I would rather have the battery and be safe than not have it and be SOL when I wanna capture a picture or I need to call someone.

I hope this helps!

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok I love the features of the s4, here is some questions I have for current owners
1. Hows the sound when playing music through the speaker.
2. How is that remote feature (can I do It with out being detected *I have family members that have the tv loud* some info on setting up the remote would be nice
3.will the remote affect the other remote. And can I use it with any tv it will be used on 2 tvs but I will have extra for when I go somewhere
4. Cracked screen is it like the galaxy s3?
5. Same with the sd card ^
6. Cases-I have otter box defender and put that case in general through some stuff had the lower section break (iphone 4s) on tile, no cracks on the phone. got a ballistic case ( on the galaxy s3 now and hate it (bought it when I got the phone they didnt have otter box and it cost the same) typing sucks compared to the defender... so with that being said lets here some pros and cons.. *i dont care about the thickness* (it just has to protect the phone (5ft drop on a hard surface has to preform well typing, screen protection i dont want to buy a screen protector) my phone looks like new almost..(becasue of the otter box and i had dropped it on the hard ground, concrete, etc)
7. I had a thread about this and didn't get much info

Thank yall
1) Pretty good
2) Yes you can, the remote feature is great! I used it at a hotel lobby to mess with guests and of course they didn't know what was going on!
3) no

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank ya, I am leaning towards the s4 and thats good about the tv I was worried.I was setting up my direct tv remote and it poped up a check list to make sure the remote worked with tv)
On music if I am playing on the 360 I normally have music on. through speaker

The only thing I miss from my iphone is the otter box cases, app music store, and the music dock

Reason why I asked about cracked sceen and sd card messing up is over in the gs3 fourm there are some threads about a random cracked screen (phone wasn't dropped) and the sd card fried

Now one more on the remote what can it not control such as radio, wall unit (ac) just for on and off , dvd player, att u verse

With keyboard I found a rom (syngery) it had the samsung keyboard it had the numbers above the letters? Kinda like on a laptop. Ciuld I get this fo the gs4 without rooting

Thanks

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard comes stock like that. And I'm not sure about the remote controlling other things. I'm sure it could, I've seen other threads where they have had it done. But personally, I've never attempted it. I could give it a shot though this weekend when I am not running around like a mad person lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
you know like the keyboard on a laptop expect on the phone on one screen. from what the options were on the snygery rom it was labeled samsung keyboard i think i love that keyboard and i cant seem to find it in the play store

if i dont get it from att could i still return the phone to them if i have problems? will be buying from walmart most likly as its about $20 cheaper
so far i have been doing a lot of reading on here and sounds like

Last edited:

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well didnt get much sleep, thought it was 5:00 turns out it was 3:30 and i wish 2:30 would hurry up and get here well time to look at the forums for a while

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well about the ir feature would it work for some of the lower name brand tv's like magnavox its a flat screen? and whats the range of the ir blaster? cant wait for 1pm so i can go get the phone at 2:30

well i am finding everything to keep me busy, and my puppy 5months old (in avatar pic) fell asleep on my bed

i am in the process of cleaning my phone with soap and water, so it looks nice and clean for my cuz.... not really using Iclean from monster products and a soft lint free cloth that came with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty