simple newbie question, how to hide the keyboard when view text message threads

Randy Paries

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Has the subject says,
I just send a text message and now i want to review the thread. Have the screen is the keyboard and message box.
I can not figure out how to tell the keyboard to goaway. I have to be missing something really simple

thanks
randy

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hit the back button to the right of the home button?

Doesn,t always work like this. On my old Froyo handset, I had to touch the screen outside a typing box to hide the keyboard. My more recent handset with JellyBean, the "back" softkey changes to a "keyboard hide" key.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has the subject says,
I just send a text message and now i want to review the thread. Have the screen is the keyboard and message box.
I can not figure out how to tell the keyboard to goaway. I have to be missing something really simple

thanks
randy
Press and hold the menu button to make the keyboard go away. Pressing outside the text field should work as well.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting, is it just for the stock messaging app or is it stock keyboard related? Mine goes away by doing all three methods but I'm not on anything stock.

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't know, but in my case, one device is an old Motorola Atrix 4G, running Froyo and the other is a fairly recent Xperia ZL running Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Could be the OS version also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2