GS4 Charging USB Cable?

Punkrulz

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been searching around the internet for some answers regarding this but haven't been able to come across anything concrete. I'm looking for (preferably) a longer USB charging cable capable of handling the same output (or close) to the stock one that comes with the phone. I've been running some tests over the past few days, and have learned that regardless of distance the 3 cables that I have purchased are terrible when it comes to charging. I didn't take the stock one with me on vacation because I was looking for something with distance, but regardless if it was 3ft, 6ft, or 10ft the 3 cables performed the same.

The same test was performed before vacation using the stock plug that came with the phone. Unfortunately it was the USB cable that failed to perform for me, not the charging block.

If someone could please link me to confirmed working charging cables that I can purchase before my next vacation, please let me know. Again I prefer to find something with distance because I'm always limited on vacation to how far from the plug I can be.

Thanks!

Greg Bryson

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's the cable. I purchased a 6ft cable from Amazon and it works fine. However, it depends what you plug it into. I noticed that if you plug it into some wall chargers it says "slow charging." My car USB is useless now and am looking to replace the charger NOT the cable. Hope that helps a little. I'm also confused on what the s4 needs to be charged. My external backup battery doesn't work on this phone at all...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Punkrulz

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's the cable. I purchased a 6ft cable from Amazon and it works fine. However, it depends what you plug it into. I noticed that if you plug it into some wall chargers it says "slow charging." My car USB is useless now and am looking to replace the charger NOT the cable. Hope that helps a little. I'm also confused on what the s4 needs to be charged. My external backup battery doesn't work on this phone at all...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Greg, the following numbers are estimates as I don't remember the exact numbers... but when using the purchased cables on the original charger, I would get somewhere between 350-500mah. This was using the Battery Monitor app. When using the stock cable with the same charger I would get 1900mah or so. Only thing I didnt try was using the stock cable on a purchased charger. It definitely was the cables though, tested 3 purchased and it was the same result where as the stock cable performs phenomenally.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
IIRC, someone on XDA found that they'd only get the fast charging if the shields of both ends of the cable were connected together.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed