Problem connecting to wifi in airplane mode

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I use airplane mode at home because mobile reception here is poor, and because it saves battery when using the phone for other purposes.

I don't know why, but when in airplane mode the wifi will not connetct -I get the message saying "obtaining IP address" and nothing more happens. If I turn airplane mode off - it connects right away. This is something that just happened a few days ago. Before that, everything was fine - I got wifi in airplane mode.
I tried using static ip but that didn't help either.....

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
When I turn on Airplane Mode it shuts off the networks. When I press the Wifi toggle in the notification pull down, it connects to wifi while still in Airplane Mode.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
There are apps in play store that allow you to toggle on/off whether airplane mode turns WiFi and Bluetooth off so you don't have to turn them back on. Not sure they work on 4.3 but they work great before that.

DM51

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
... you can connect to wifi even when Airplane mode is on
That's useful to know – thanks. I had the Gulfstream people fit the WiFi option in my G650, but I didn't realise the phone could use it in airplane mode. I've been using it in normal mode up to now. This may solve a problem I've been having with my pilot – she's been complaining about a high-pitched buzzing noise in her headset whenever I'm using the phone. Nice girl, but I'd like to put an end to her whining about this so I'll try it tomorrow.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Using WiFi while in airplane mode doesn't seem so great then as it interferes with other connections. I wouldn't want any pilot compromised while flying just because I wanted to check Facebook.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RageRoids

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wifi Isnt the issue its the cellular signal that supposedly interferes.

Even then its debatable as ive been on many flight where people haven't switched their device but just put it in their bag.
With some many flights around the world + mobile phones - if it really did make a huge difference we'd have planes falling from the skies.

- - - Updated - - -

That's useful to know – thanks. I had the Gulfstream people fit the WiFi option in my G650, but I didn't realise the phone could use it in airplane mode. I've been using it in normal mode up to now. This may solve a problem I've been having with my pilot – she's been complaining about a high-pitched buzzing noise in her headset whenever I'm using the phone. Nice girl, but I'd like to put an end to her whining about this so I'll try it tomorrow.

Nice wish I had a Gulfstream lol

mahler9

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. This is useful. I did not know you could still have wifi in airplane mode. I just tried it with the GS4 (with 4.3 update) and it works fine :)

sahil G

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
mry ipad py lock lg gya t gmail ki id mng ra h t airpain moda of hny ki wja se wifi b ni on ho ri nd gmail ki id b n i lg ri mai kia krn ab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez