My phone keeps turning itself off

maylisbeths

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed a couple of games for my Samsung Galaxy S4 a few days ago, and ever since that, my phone keeps turning itself off unless i am charging it. It's weird because the battery is always above 50% when it happens. Also, it only happens if I'm connect to wi-fi or internet.
If I try to turn it on after it has turned itself off, it will turn on, but right off again (unless it's connected to a charger). I have uninstalled all of the games and tried to take the battery out and back in. It keeps happening. Perhaps i have gotten some virus? Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This is most likely due to the defective battery. This happened to me before. I replaced the battery and since then the problems have disappeared. Your percentage will get higher and higher in about a week. Replace it ASAP or it could leak and blow up.

P. S. A factory reset will accomplish nothing and if your battery acts up during factory reset, you could brick your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maylisbeths

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalling the games didn't help. I was hoping to avoid a factory reset, but it seems I have no choice. I'll try contacting the vendor as well. Thank for the reply :)

maylisbeths

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The phone is just about four months old, so i find it strange that the battery is already defect. On the other hand it may be the case: The phone gets really warm when i use certain games. Maybe that's what's ruined it?

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine was just two months old when it acted up. It is three months old now. You could Google up the issue and you'll see it's pretty widespread. However, if you don't believe me, suit yourself. It's your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer