unlocked boot loader

Garvin6600

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
First off I am new to this forum.
I am enjoying learning and thanks to you all.

Also a noob to androids
I have a S4 on SGH 1337 and with AT&T as carrier (not under contract but the phone was locked to AT&T.

I ordered an unlock code on line from a recommended porvider and have successfully unlocked the device. .
I inseted my SIM card from Thailand and proceeded to make a few calls to be sure .

I here of and am beginning to research rooting.
My question
If the phone is (now) unlocked, does that mean the boot loader is also unlocked?

This becomes a issue as I eventually want to eliminate anything to do with AT&T when I return to Thailand.
In later posts I will have many questions and many thanks in advance

Garvin

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
First off I am new to this forum.
I am enjoying learning and thanks to you all.

Also a noob to androids
I have a S4 on SGH 1337 and with AT&T as carrier (not under contract but the phone was locked to AT&T.

I ordered an unlock code on line from a recommended porvider and have successfully unlocked the device. .
I inseted my SIM card from Thailand and proceeded to make a few calls to be sure .

I here of and am beginning to research rooting.
My question
If the phone is (now) unlocked, does that mean the boot loader is also unlocked?

This becomes a issue as I eventually want to eliminate anything to do with AT&T when I return to Thailand.
In later posts I will have many questions and many thanks in advance

Garvin

Thanks

Umm, no it doesn't mean that the bootloader is unlocked. That was just a carrier sim unlock.
For info on what you can do regarding root & custom recoveries, roms, etc, you need to look in the carrier specific forums for your device.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Garvin6600

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. .Now I know.

So now I guess the my real issue will be. ..
Can I completely remove ALL AT&T bloat ware once I am ready to go back home to Thailand.

Thanks
Garvin

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. .Now I know.

So now I guess the my real issue will be. ..
Can I completely remove ALL AT&T bloat ware once I am ready to go back home to Thailand.

Thanks
Garvin

If you can root it you can get rid of the bloatware. Check out the root threads for your device.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helaheather7