Where is my newly folder created using build - in desktop in Android.

Danyom

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am new to this forum.

My conundrum is, I can't find my newly created folder when I use a file manager to search for it, where is it in the "Physical" so to say spot.

I am technical but new to Android.

In other words where is my folder that I've created on one of the screens by using left menu touch-button and choosed create and then folder and well there, typed my foldername and there it was.

Any Ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about a folder you created on a homescreen, or a folder you created in the file directory? A folder on the homescreen will not correspond to a folder in the file directory.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am new to this forum.

My conundrum is, I can't find my newly created folder when I use a file manager to search for it, where is it in the "Physical" so to say spot.

I am technical but new to Android.

In other words where is my folder that I've created on one of the screens by using left menu touch-button and choosed create and then folder and well there, typed my foldername and there it was.

Any Ideas?

It should appear on the screen you created it in. I created a folder"testing folder" on the near empty 3 rd screen of my S4, dragged my app shortcut for "Telkom" onto it. Telkom is now accessible from within the newly created folder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d9yuovsjwrox32/Screenshot_2013-12-26-09-45-24.png

It is a screen folder only. If you want to create an system folder you will have to do it in "my Files" using the tree to select the location

Spikes

Danyom

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Aha, So any folder created on any homescreen "Lives And Work" only in the graphical interface.

No wonder I couldn't find the folder using search with the file-manager.

Can I in some way "convert" a homescreen folder to be accessible in the filesystem?

It would be easier for my mother to use homescreen folders.

Regards
David

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Easy to do using ES file explorer. Select the folder from your system folders, tap and hold to select a tick will appear in the rhand bottom corner of the folder. Select "more" from the ES file explorer menu then select add to desktop and OK. That shortcut folder will point to the directory and open thd the contents.